• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Under hood wiring loom clips

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Howdy guys,

My Series IV has 4 spring steel clips which support the wiring loom on either side of the engine bay, (2 per side). I managed to break the tangs off 2 of them, but could really use a set of 4 just in case.

Can anyone help with some s/h items, or alternately suggest where I might find some new ones. I checked the online listings from the usual suspects but no luck.

Cheers, Lance.

gordonra

Donation Time
My Series V has, what appears to be. sheet metal strips spot welded on one end. Replacing them with a piece of sheet metal cut to size and deburred would look just the same, but installing them would make a mess. There are wiring devices that would work better.... if you aren't concerned with the originality.

Maybe something like one of these would satisfy your needs?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#cable-ties/=510y2q

Rich

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Thanks Rich,

I want to replace the original style clips, if no one has any s/h items to offer can anyone point me in the direction of some accurate repros?

Thanks, Lance.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Rich,
The clips he's referring to are in the closing panel that runs around the wheel well and attaches it to the rain channel of the front fenders. If you look you should see two U shaped clips, or two holes, in the panel. They carry the wirs to the headlamps and front marker lamps.

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Thanks guys,

The clips I'm actually after have a tongue on the rear face which engages in a 3/8 ish sized hole in the vertical panel between the wheel arch and guard, under the hood. I'll see If I can post a photo.

mikephillips

Donation Time
The tabs on the back easily break off, either from rust or folks who don't know they need to be slide slightly upward before removing.

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
See below for an explanation of what I'm chasing. Not sure if they're common to all series, 4 per car, does anyone have any for sale?

Cheers, Lance.

Attachments

• Black-Clip-00a.jpg
    Black-Clip-00a.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Black-Clip-02a.jpg
    Black-Clip-02a.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Black-Clip-03a.jpg
    Black-Clip-03a.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 27

65beam

Donation Time
wiring clips

there is a way you could use what you have . take a small flat head machine bolt, drill a hole thru the clip and use a washer under the fender well that is big enough to cover the hole in the inner fender where the clip mounts . tighten it down and put the harness in the clip and the bolt is hid. stays on a lot better. also paint the bolt black. i have ground the bolt head down also.

John Boggis

Donation Time
Bill,

It's not wire but a sheath that goes around some of the colored wires. They are on both sides of the engine bay.

65beam

Donation Time
wiring

john,
the reason i asked is that my series 4 never had that setup on the wiring. has anybody else here in the states had wiring like john's???

John Boggis

Donation Time
Picture of wiring and clips on other side of engine bay.
For better pictures of the wiring, look at my web site below. Click on the gallery shots of the engine bay.

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
A quick update for those that were interested. Brilliant service from Mark(volvoguys), who has supplied me with a set of s/h loom clips. Can't recommend him highly enough.

Also Albert(agmason54) was kind enough to let me know he too found 4 clips to suit. If anyone needs some spares, contact Albert. Thanks to you both for your help.

Cheers, Lance.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the kind words Lance. I've consistently found Aussies to be some of the friendliest and most reliable lads on the planet and you were no exception.

Take care, Mark ..... volvoguys

agmason54

Donation Time
underhood wiring clips

Lance!
Thanks cousin. Blow in someday. We'll cruise the WarPony and invade some places.
Thanks to Lance & Oliver(Limey) I have a whole bucket of odds and ends still dumped out on my kitchen floor.If you need clips,washers,nuts, bolts, brake parts,brass fittings or weird little things from any part of an Alpine try me.There's too much to list or descibe. I have 3 more buckets to deal with and boxes of stuff I have never even looked in..
Thanks again!
Albert Gears Mason
England and Austrialia rock!