• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 Kits

AlpineII

Donation Time
I haven't seen mine up here in Canada either. Only the coated headers have come in and they arrived last winter.

sd_pace

Donation Time
I got my kit a few months ago, but had to send it back... UPS had broken the box and i didnt have a parts list to check if anything was missing... havent heard anything since..... but I did received the tie rod ends from Jose.... dont have any information in regards to the headers...

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Little by slowly, I am getting a handle on this. As soon as I can get the fabricator to ship to the ones that are on my list, all this nightmare will be over. Hang in there.

Today my niece is going personally to rattle some cages. If they won't respond to her, I will have to go there myself and talk to the owner. I hate to have to spend that kind of money, but it's about time to put an end to this farce.

Jose :)

Jim E

Donation Time
The alternate tie rod end deal is going to have to wait until I have a tie rod in hand to work with. So once my kit ships I will take one and dig to see if we can get something that is cheap and easy to lay hands on.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jim,

I have one of Jose's steering crosslinks (with tie-rod ends) that I am not using right now. If it would help, I will ship it to you and you can send it back whenever.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Thanks for the help Barry. Maybe we can find a substitute for the Fiesta tie rod ends. Would be a whole lot easier if they came from a more recent vehicle.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Tie rod ends

For all it is worth I have found the following info on the tie rods: all of these are old cars so it may mean nothing, however the Mini Cooper, 60-67, the Austin America,68-71 and MG1100 all use the fiesta unit. There is also some evidence the 82-83 T-bird w/ manual steering is the same.
If you want to check it out these 2 E-bay items may hold some promise for an immediate need.
#310096519752/Speedway Motors p/n 91034316
#380078478066[7 available }
I know there are others working on this in a m ore meaningful way, but this may be of some help. Maybe there is a British supplier.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Well guys,

More news. Today the fabricator said he'd already shipped the last kits. he did admit that he hadn't shipped when my niece had gone to talk to him and he had told her he'd already shipped them. I would say that you should be getting them within the next week, so please let me know when you receive your kit.

When they are received, I will be free to start filling the back orders I have for the rest of the kits already made. I will be contacting those guys that have already sent me their desire to buy a kit. When those are gone, I will take more orders and have them fabricated as I get those orders. Thanks again for all your patience. I am really sorry for all the frustrations and head aches.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
That is good news Jose. Beer season has now moved to bourbon season so I expect progress will be slower with more leaning than squatting.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Guys,

Please let me know when you receive your kit. Supposedly they shipped a while ago, so should be getting to you soon.

Jose

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Alferdo,

It is 5:05 here in Bucaramanga, which is 2:05 in California, where the fabricator is. I am going to call him this morning myself, so he can give me tracking numbers or something. I am fed up with these promises, promises, and nothing gets done. I sure hope I don't need to go there personally to get this all straightened out, because it would cost me a lot. I will post what they say.

Jose :mad:

Mine haven't arrive yet. Do you know how it was shipped? Alfredo