• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. SRQJeff

Interior padded roll

Thanks! That sounds like a good plan. Thanks. :)
  2. SRQJeff

Interior padded roll

Hey, has anyone installed the SS padded roll that goes under the soft top boot? It's SS part no. UK74S. I managed to get the clips in the slots, but I don't know what to do with the ends. Rick says the chrome B posts clamp over them, but they seem to be to fat and too long. I assume I need to...
  3. SRQJeff

Bonnet (hood) latch alignment

It works Glad I ran into this old post. The cork and chalk worked for me. I substituted a piece of 5/8" wooden dowel for the cork. Regarding the cable problem, couldn't you take the cable loose under the dash and pull on the whole thing? I haven't tried it, and there could be some reason why...
  4. SRQJeff

re ignition switch

wiring I don't know if this is relevant, but it may help someone. After installing the wiring kit on my SV, the starter engaged when I just turned the key to the "on" position. After screwing around with it for a couple days, I discovered that although there is a purple wire marked "tach" and a...
  5. SRQJeff

Fender Motif & rubber hood spacers reattachment

clips Scott's procedure worked fine on the passenger side. I discovered that putting a little oil on the pins helps them slide in. Driver's side was a different story. The fender was repaired many years ago, but no one bothered to put the emblems back on. Had to drill my own holes and, much to...
  6. SRQJeff

Door pull screws

Same here! Yeah, the long screws work in all holes except the one on the rearward passenger side. Window won't open when that one is tightened. I removed 1/4 inch of it, and now it's OK.
  7. SRQJeff

Door pull screws

Solved Thanks, everyone. Yes, 10-32 is the right thread. I guess there was some rust in the hole that was binding a little. Applied some Aerokroil, and they went right in. Had to use hex cap screws, as the heads were too wide in any other configuration. As for the cranks, I found some taper...
  8. SRQJeff

Door pull screws

Aha! Aha, now I see. The roll pins (or nails) don't have to be tight. The chrome bezel keeps them from falling out. Duh! :o
  9. SRQJeff

Door pull screws

P.S. P.S., Yeah 7/8 might be too long. I tested the depth with an ice pick, and it seems like if I try to stick it in any deeper than 3/4, it pokes into something.
  10. SRQJeff

Door pull screws

Screws I dunno. My 10-32 screws act like the thread pitch is wrong. I hate to try forcing them, but that may be the only option. I guess I could run a tap through the holes first. I've also run into a snag that the window cranks and door openers look like they should attach with a 1/8-inch roll...
  11. SRQJeff

Door pull screws

Does anyone know what's the deal with the screws that attach the door pulls? I seem to have lost two of them. A #8-32 wiggles around loosely, but a #10-32 will go in only a turn or so. My calipers tell me it's about 1/100 of an inch larger than the original screws. :confused:
  12. SRQJeff

Carpet kit

Thanks Thanks for the info. My tray carpet does not have a section cut out. I also don't have the two very small pieces shown in the diagram. I'll contact Rick and see what he has to say.
  13. SRQJeff

Carpet kit

I'm in the process of installing the SS carpet kit. Could use some advice from anyone who has already done it. 1. Did you have to trim away some padding and cut the carpet where it goes behind the gas pedal? The chunk of padding for the driver's side is bigger than the other one. 2. Did...
  14. SRQJeff

Anti-rattle strips

Figured it out! For anyone facing the same problem, note that it can be done as follows. (1) Using needle nose pliers, put two bends in the end of a hacksaw blade so it forms a flat hook that's just big enough to cradle one of the clips. (2) Put a blob of rubber cement or contact cement in the...
  15. SRQJeff

Anti-rattle strips

strips I don't understand what you mean by back end or how you bent it. Maybe my problem is that I put the clips on the strip first when I should have installed the clips from below and then shoved the strip down onto them. But I can't get my fingers up high enough to put the clips in place...
  16. SRQJeff

Anti-rattle strips

I'm trying to figure out how to install the fuzzy anti-rattle strips. Rick at SS says they go on after the window is installed, but I can't figure out how to do it. My fingers sure won't fit up there. Any tips? The windows have been the biggest PITA of the whole job.
  17. SRQJeff

13" Tires?

Tires I don't know about 205/60-13s, but Walmart has several 175/70R13s. The Kumho Solus and Hankook Optimo seem to get good reviews. The Kumho also comes in a 185/70R13. A buddy swears by the General Altimax tires, but I'm not sure where he bought them.
  18. SRQJeff

Comfortable RPM's

Tach rebuild My tach was horribly off. Had it rebuilt by Tom Hayden, and he did an excellent job. Right on target now. If you're interested, you can contact him at thayden@keithley.com. Or if you want to do it yourself, Tom has provided us with instructions...
  19. SRQJeff

Window channel

Oh, sorry. Should have mentioned it. 1967 Series V.