• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Carpet kit

SRQJeff

Bronze Level Sponsor
I'm in the process of installing the SS carpet kit. Could use some advice from anyone who has already done it.

1. Did you have to trim away some padding and cut the carpet where it goes behind the gas pedal? The chunk of padding for the driver's side is bigger than the other one.

2. Did you use the padding on the drive shaft tunnel? It looks to me like it would be tough to get the console back on without drilling new holes unless you leave out the padding.

3. What the heck is the little funny-shaped piece of carpet for? (See diagram.)

Attachments

• carpet kit.jpg
    carpet kit.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 38

65beam

Donation Time
kit

we trim the padding off of the front floor section back to a point where the carpet lays flat over the trans tunnel carpet. other wise the carpet will stick up and show the padding. I also don't use the padding under the console. I glue the carpet section to the tunnel. the small piece glues over the center section in the back that is there to clear the rear end housing. the package tray carpet lays over the edges of this small piece. it's only there to cover the metal since the carpet is cut to clear that area and lay flat around the hump. if your package tray carpet does not have the area cut out to clear that hump then I would call SS because the carpet is cut wrong. it will never lay flat without that cut out.

SRQJeff

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thanks

Thanks for the info. My tray carpet does not have a section cut out. I also don't have the two very small pieces shown in the diagram. I'll contact Rick and see what he has to say.