• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

13" Tires?

RootesRooter

Donation Time
I'm finally (over)due for a new set of rubber, and people are saying there are no more 13" tires ANYWHERE. Anyone here have a line on 205/60-13's?

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
COOPER® - TRENDSETTER SE
13 inch not 205/60 but a good ride

Last edited:

crs

Gold Level Sponsor
RR,
I went through this last spring for my V6 Alpine and found several brands available in street, touring, and racing tires(interestingly, there were more 13" racing tires available than other types).

Since I wanted American made touring tires, many makers were soon eliminated. I finally bought a set of four Toyo Extensa A/S P185/70R1385S for $430 out the door from one of the Dallas area dealers. These are made in the Toyo plant near Atlanta, GA. They are rated at 112 MPH and though my V6 will easily exceed that, I have no intention of doing so. So far, they seem to be fine for street and touring at legal speeds.

Last edited:

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Try Firestone's FR-380's. Most paces now have 13 inch tires listed as trailer tires.

Cheers,

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I recently replaced my tires. I wanted 13" whitewalls in near original size to fit my original rims. The whitewall requirement provided few options. Many of the options people have mentioned are discontinued - Cooper Trendsetter SE, Firestore FR380, ...

I ended up getting Milestar MS75 - P175/80R13. Slightly larger circumference than original tires. Not U.S. made.

Mike

Nickodell

Donation Time
Harping on a familiar theme, but be sure to check the date codes before you have them mounted, to be sure they're not old stock that have been sitting in the warehouse for years. This is particularly likely with uncommon sizes.

SRQJeff

Bronze Level Sponsor
Tires

I don't know about 205/60-13s, but Walmart has several 175/70R13s. The Kumho Solus and Hankook Optimo seem to get good reviews. The Kumho also comes in a 185/70R13. A buddy swears by the General Altimax tires, but I'm not sure where he bought them.