• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. C

Alternator bracket

I'm having a problem with my water pump and its interaction with the alternator backet . The car is a 1967 series V with the 1725 motor. Dealing with the water pump is not an issue. The mounting bracket for the alternator is not consistent with the info I have read on the forum and in the WS...
  2. C

Alternator Bracket

I'm in the process of replacing my water pump on my 1967 series V. No big deal, old pump is out I'm just waiting for delivery of the new one. The existing bracket that mounts the alternator to the engine block appears to be incorrect for this application. The bolt pattern is correct for...
  3. C

OD Switch

I'm looking for the self canceling steering column switch. Anyone have one they would like to sell or know of a source for this switch?
  4. C

Overdrive Transmission

I have fully synchronized overdrive transmission available for purchase. This transmission shifted smoothly and the OD worked properly when removed from the car. The seal on the input shaft leaks. I'm asking $ 350.00 plus shipping.
  5. C

Oil Pressure

Need help- I re-assembled my series V after a nine month pause. Changed the oil and filter and I now have no oil pressure. When the car was disassembled to replace the transmission it had 40 psi. I didn't distrub the internals of the motor. Any guidance what may have happened to the oil...
  6. C

1.6 liter camshaft

I have a reconditioned camshaft for the 1.6 liter engine available for $ 70.00 plus shipping. This item was reconditioned by Delta in Seattle. Documentation of the work done by Delta is available. The camshaft has not been used since completion of the work by Delta. It is the wrong camshaft...
  7. C

Transmission Oil Seal

I have a question concerning the profile of the transmission input shaft. The car is a series V with an OD transmission. The problem I'm attempting to address is oil leakage at the front seal of the input shaft. This seal has been replaced twice and the transmission still leaks oil from this...
  8. C

Carb. Linkage

Anyone have the spare spring clips which secure the throttle linkage components on series V with Stromberg carbs?
  9. C

V6 Conversion Items

Health issues forces the sale of the following items which were bought for a V6 conversion: 1 - Jose conversion kit 2 - V6 blocks, one has been machined and bored out 30 ths over 1 - set V6 ported and polished heads with 2.9 exhaust valves 1 - set reconditioned rocker arms ( Delta cams) 1...
  10. C

Camshaft

Camshaft for 1600 Sunbeam Alpine. This camshaft has been reconditioned by Delta Cams. Since the reconditioning (7 months ago) it has not been used. I'm asking $ 50.00 plus shipping. Delta Cams can verify the work performed on the camshaft. Tom
  11. C

Camshaft

Camshaft for 1600 Sunbeam Alpine. This camshaft has been reconditioned by Delta Cams. Since the reconditioning (7 months ago) it has not been used. I'm asking $ 50.00 plus shipping. Delta Cams can verify the work performed on the camshaft. Tom
  12. C

Overdrive Problems

This is a SV with an OD transmission. My problem is with the OD safety switch on the transmission. The transmission does not have a safety switch and apparently never had one. I am getting the impression the PO converted the car to OD and neglected many details. Anyway, while the...
  13. C

Clutch Push Rod, Series V

Does anyone have the correct pushrod connecting the clutch slave cylinder to the clutch release lever for a series V Alpine? Tom
  14. C

Clutch Series V

It appears the prior owner of my car fitted the wrong clutch release bearing lever to the bell housing. If anyone has the correct lever for a series V and would like to sell it please respond. Thanks Tom
  15. C

1725 Oil Pump

I'm in the process of rebuilding a 1725 motor. I ordered and received a new oil pump from Sunbeam Specialties. Problem is the new pump has 11 teeth on the gear that meshes with the cam. The old oil pump has a gear with 12 teeth. I'm waiting for Sunbeam Specialties to get back to me but in...
  16. C

1725 Camshaft

I'm in need of a camshaft for a 1725 motor. Anyone in possession of a suitable camshaft please let me know and we can work out the details. Thanks
  17. C

Rootes Parts Service

I have located "Rootes Parts Service" in Germany as a potential supplier of replacement pistons. Has anyone done business with this company?. I'm a bit nervous about moving forward as they accept payment only by bank transfer . No problem if they are a reputable company, if they are not I'm...
  18. C

Rootes Parts Service

I have located "Rootes Parts Service" in Germany as a potential supplier of replacement pistons. Has anyone done business with this company?. I'm a bit nervous about moving forward as they accept payment only by bank transfer . No problem if they are a reputable company, if they are not I'm...
  19. C

1725 Piston

Anyone happen to have a +30 piston for a 1725 motor they no longer need?
  20. C

1725 Piston

Anyone happen to have a +30 piston for a 1725 motor they no longer need?