• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Carb. Linkage

CptTom

Donation Time
Anyone have the spare spring clips which secure the throttle linkage components on series V with Stromberg carbs?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Anyone have the spare spring clips which secure the throttle linkage components on series V with Stromberg carbs?

Cpt, I might have some but you will need to explain to me exactly what they look like..... maybe a picture>

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
CptTom,

Are you referencing the spring pins in the linkage between the carbs as shown in the attached photo or something else?

Rick
P1090716r.jpg

CptTom

Donation Time
Cpt, I might have some but you will need to explain to me exactly what they look like..... maybe a picture>
Thanks for the response Dan.
The car is a series V with the standard Stromberg dual carbs. The carb linkage has a total of 3 of these clips. One connects the gas pedal arm to the carb linkage in the engine compartment and the other two connect the vertical linkage arm to the throttle shafts. I have photos which I will attempt to attach.

Thanks for the help,
Tom

Attachments

• 20181110_121836.jpg
    20181110_121836.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20181110_121836.jpg
    20181110_121836.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 26

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
I didn't have in my CD collection of stuff either. If the Dorman items don't get you what you need, contact Joe Curto in NY. He has gotten me Stromberg parts several times, including shafts, screws, springs, diaphragms, etc.. If you are not familiar with him, he is a good source for everything British carbs. http://joecurto.com/

Rick

CptTom

Donation Time
I didn't have in my CD collection of stuff either. If the Dorman items don't get you what you need, contact Joe Curto in NY. He has gotten me Stromberg parts several times, including shafts, screws, springs, diaphragms, etc.. If you are not familiar with him, he is a good source for everything British carbs. http://joecurto.com/

Rick
Thanks, I follow up on this lead.