• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. C

Brake servo air filter

Anyone know, of a source for an early brake servo air filter? Our normal suppliers only have the newer type, installed with a screw. The type I need is held on with a wire loop. Thanks Ed
  2. C

Still room at the hotel

I just booked a room at the host hotel, at the club price,Aug 11. They still have a few rooms for Sunbeamers, but you had better hurry! Paul I will get my check to you in the mail tomorrow. Ed Esslinger
  3. C

Brake Booster

I know this has been asked before but I don’t remember what common household product can be used to soften the leather seal on the brake booster piston without harming it? Thanks Ed
  4. C

Solid State Gauge Regulator

I Have found a new SOLID STATE GAUGE REGULATOR that I had misplaced when I was making them. THIS IS A POSITIVE GROUND UNIT ONLY! FOR SERIES 3 and 4. It is listed on e-bay Item Id: 290496336832
  5. C

Turn Indicator Switch

I have listed a very good Turn Indicator Switch on E-bay Item Id: 290496309520 It has a new Kit Installed and also has the rare headlight switch function.
  6. C

Wanted To Share Room Te/ae United

Ted Casey would like to share a room and cost with someone at the TE/AE United, to be held in Maine OCT 8-11 Ted has no e-mail. If you are planning on attending and would like to save some money. Call Ted 717-354-9276 Thanks Ed
  7. C

Trans Tunnel End Cap Needed

Please contact me if you have a spare sheet metal end cap. edstiger at email dot toast dot net See pic (I Hope) Thanks Ed
  8. C

raidator cap info needed

Hi Gang- I need a radiator cap for my series 3 Alpine. If I go to my local parts store, I know they won’t have Sunbeams listed. Anyone know what other cars use caps that will fit our cars? Thanks Ed
  9. C

OVERDRIVE RELAY TWO 30/40 Head Light

I was asked for a simple drawing showing the relay terminals and wire colors. All connections can be made using 1/4" push on lugs.
  10. C

A New One On Me

I opened up my trunk the other day and discovered my spare had a blowout while sitting in the trunk. I had checked the pressure a month or so ago and added air to 30 lbs. The blow out is right across the center of the tire with the steel belt showing. Anyone know what would cause this? See pic...
  11. C

Starter Ring gear problem

I have a friend who had to replace the starter ring gear on his 260 Tiger. He couldn't locate a 160 tooth gear, so his mechanic replaced it with a 162 tooth gear. He's tried 6 or 8 starters and can't find one that will work with the new ring gear. Should he have used a 157 tooth gear as a...
  12. C

Confessions

I’m not Catholic but they say confessions are good for you. I would like to confess that I did a very stupid thing yesterday to my series 3 Alpine. When refilling the radiator, I picked up a gallon jug of what I thought was antifreeze, I noticed it was flowing pretty slow and then I...
  13. C

Gasket Problems

Hi Guys - I have some oem gaskets that have dried out some, that I would like to use. I don’t want to stretch them to fit as they may break. Any Ideas on how to soften them up, so they will return to their original shape? Thanks Ed
  14. C

Wiper Delay Unites

As some of you know I have been unable to make any units for the last two years due to my aging eyes. I have sold my design to Bob White who is making them now, using my latest circuits. You may contact and or purchase a unit from him at > Roblin Photo Co. > 1112 San Pedro Dr. NE #116 >...
  15. C

Solid State Gauge Regulator

Jan Are you making these units? I have a customer for you! Please PM me Regards Ed
  16. C

Wiper Delay Units

Intermittent wiper delay units. I am thinking of selling all my latest design Information, diagrams, printed circuit board layout and enough parts to make up 10 or 12 units less the boards. A good deal for someone with an electronic background. Over the years I've made many improvements to my...
  17. C

Solid State Regulator Update

SOLID STATE REGULATOR UPDATE NOTE: THESE UNITS ONLY FOR SERIES #3,4,5 &Tigers ONLY If I missed anyone, please let me know.- Ed ( 1 unit left) I will ship to club members For $15 +$5 S&H You may pay by paypal (esslinger@charter.net ) , check or money order PICK UP AT INVASION...
  18. C

Solid State Gauge Regulators

NOTE: THESE UNITS ARE FOR SERIES#3,4,5 &Tigers ONLY Hi guys - I’m running out of the components ,(enough for about twenty left) that I use to make the SOLID STATE GAUGE REGULATORS. I don’t think I will be ordering more components as I have to buy them in 100 lots. I’ve made more than 300...
  19. C

Not Rootes But Almost

A realy nice Singer on e-bay Check it out Item 170135931998
  20. C

How Can They Do It?

I’ve been thinking of flying up to Dayton for the Invasion . Checking for airline tickets I found the cheapest fare is purchased direct from the airline. From my home it’s $543 roundtrip. Checking with Travelocity I found that if I book a trip which includes 3 days motel it’s only $470...