• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

Brass unit at top of B post

The brass unit at the top of the B post has the mount point for the softop frame as well as threaded holes for mounting and the swivle unit for the side cover. I need the right side one
  2. S

Fuel line into fuel pump

I bought a new pump thats electronic and identical to the standard pump. The install kit came with brass olives. They do not fit inside the pump. So do the fuel lines need a bubble flair? or is there narrow olives to fit the hole?
  3. S

Parking brake lever

Hello I need a parking brake lever together with the mounting gear. Thanks
  4. S

steering column

I need a steering column for a 4 or 5, need the actual column, inner and outer, do not need the steering box on the end. So if anyone has a worn one its ok. Also will need to ship it to me in Australia. Thank you.
  5. S

Le Mans for sale

There is a Harrington Le Mans for sale in Australia $60,000 ono. No association http://www.justauto.com.au/justcars/buy_and_sell/for_sale/4ccc8a68-c831-4d6f-a20a-605cd865702a
  6. S

suspension bushings

Hi, I have been checking out the poly bushes for the suspension. Some people say they sqeek etc. Now I have prices from 3 sources at the moment. A company called SuperPro has poly bushing for front and the rear spring front bush for AU$339. Sunbeam spec has similar products for $223.20. Now Vic...
  7. S

Softtop no longer fitting

Hi, went to put up the softtop today (the lady was cold) and it would not reach far enough to clip to the screen. Now I had a new windscreen fitted a couple of weeks ago. Thy did it with the frame still on the car. I noticed them pushing it backwards and fowards quite a bit while fitting (new...
  8. S

Door limiting strap removal

Hi, How do you remove the pin though the metal strap that limits the door travel on a 4/5. My previous car had scew head however this origional one seems to have largeflat head at top with what seems like a slot. It also feels like a rivit at the bottom, not a bolt/nut. The workshop manual...
  9. S

New windscreen fitted

Hi, Today I had a new windscreen fitted. The workmen took 2 and a 1/2 hours. I did supply a new rubber as the existing one turned out to be NOS from the 5 year old restore. When they finished he explained that with the movement of the top of the frame backwards will cause the screen to pop its...
  10. S

Message to alpine_64

Hi tried to send you a message, was told your inbox is full, no more space so here it is Hi, I have just bought a very origional tiger from Ca. you seem active on both Alpine & Tiger Forums. What is the options for converting the car to RHD in the steering department. I have heard that...
  11. S

Tiger now in Gardena help please

Update the car has been shifted to local shipping companyin Gardena, CA. Is anyone able to check it out know? Regards Steven
  12. S

Tiger in Costa Mesa

Hi all, is there someone close to Costa Mesa that could have a quick look at a car there. I have a contact phone number. A quick look to see that the car exists and is like the piccies & description. I am in Australia and have paid a deposit and would like some confirmation before sending the...
  13. S

Fiberglass panels

Hi has anyone used or seen panels fabricated with fiberglass? its getting harder to find steel replacements and I may need a replacement front fender (mudguard) and section of the rear. Any answers? Steven
  14. S

Correct Tyres

Hi all, Guess its been discussed b4, I have standard set of wire rims, I think thats 41/2 inches? Whats the agreed profile that won't scub when connering. I am running 175.70/13 at the moment. Oh and I will need an international brand as I am in Australia.:o Steven
  15. S

OK, who beat me to the Tiger Kit

As the heading said, wonder who it was that nailed me at the death for the revell kit for a sunbeam tiger on ebay. The seller listed that he would only sell to the USA. I asked about selling to me down under and it was ok. So I bid, no body else did untill the death. I bid again but got nailed...
  16. S

New Distributor needed

Hi all, Have been told by a mechanic my dissy needs replacing. I can get a wizz bang modern replacement over here(Australia) costing over $400. Searched the various sunbeam suppliers and Sunbeam Specilaties has a electroni one A159PN listed for $205. I have tried to email them without success...
  17. S

Indicators not working

I have recently reassembled the steering column after a steering box rebuild. I cannot get the indicators to work. Have double checked all wiring but all I get with the ignition on and turning the stalk right or left is a steady dash indicator light and no lights,front or rear. I have fitted a...
  18. S

A request for assistance in LA

Hi, I may have bought a tiger and the seller says he is in the silver city? Is that LA? if so, is there any member local that could check out the car? I expect to pay a deposit and hope to get an address. I would be willing to pay any costs to see the car. If the chaps genuine I will pay the...
  19. S

Tiger on Ebay

There is a tiger on ebay, what if any is the feeling about it? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120625404251
  20. S

Good Lion image

Hi, our Sunbeam Club in Australia wants a good clean copy of the Sunbeam Lion (or dog or whatever) the circular motiff is needed for our new membership cards, the existing one is decidedly blurry from many bad copies over the years. If someone can post a good example it would be appreciated. Steven