• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Indicators not working

steven

Donation Time
I have recently reassembled the steering column after a steering box rebuild. I cannot get the indicators to work. Have double checked all wiring but all I get with the ignition on and turning the stalk right or left is a steady dash indicator light and no lights,front or rear. I have fitted a new can, same problem. any suggestions?
Update, I made a lead and bypast the 2 leads to the can, battery lead and stalk lead. Operating stalk operates all indicators steady lights. Reconnected can, no lights but steady dash warning light?

Alpine James

Silver Level Sponsor
I had a similiar problem when I purchased the SV. It never occured to me or did I find it documented anywhere that the ground path was through the screws that bold the signal light lenses on.

James

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I had a similiar problem when I purchased the SV. It never occured to me or did I find it documented anywhere that the ground path was through the screws that bold the signal light lenses on.

James

So very true.
I eliminated that type of ground.I now use a small bolt with a similar head.I attached a clip held on by a second bolt and wired that to a very good ground.No more problems

steven

Donation Time
OK, yes all other lights work. I found an old indicator can in my pile of parts. When connected all works well with the indicator lights but no flash. Did a Google on it and have ordered 2 replacements from a Triumph stag parts place in england. will wait and see if that solves the problem

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Steven,
Is the car engine running when you test? How's your battery voltage? If my battery is low, the old-school flasher won't flash. When the car is running, it does fine. I've since replaced with a solid state substitute, which works well. Battery is topped up, due to driving (yea!) so I don't know if it will have the same low-voltage characteristics.

Ken