• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Le Mans for sale

65beam

Donation Time
lemans

they did a nice job building the console. it fits in with the look of the interior.

alpine_64

Donation Time
60K ONO... IIRC the car was featured in australian classic car about 12 months back.. I think they were looking for mid 30's at that point...

Ther are quite a few HLM's down under.. and they are very slow selling itmes. I recall the light blue one in NSW going for 19K in 2007... and that was fully restored... there was one for sale in Victoria for 3 years without a buyer in the early 2000's.. the owner just kept it in the end.

The Harringtons are a hard sell.. most people dont know about them and then for the asking price.. most sunbeam people will buy a tiger.... thats what happened with me.

steven

Donation Time
I am not familiar with the value of Harringtons. I have heard a fellow (who has health problems) (or his estate) near where I live is giving his 4 alpines, including a harrington to a museum.

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
60 AUS$ ? The ad. says 30 BTW Ian got 38US from an AUS buyer, but that was a Harrington Alpine.

Michael, the one in Victoria you mentioned is this one. Also, I believe that every Alpine owner who knows a bit of Alpine history also knows about Harringtons and the world is full of those owners. You are an amazing guy Michael but to choose a Tiger instead of this Le Mans !?!? That's your opinion of course.

To drive a rare piece of a Sunbem which is made in less than 250 cars compared to a Tiger is heaven (I got a Tiger too) and that's my opinion.

65beam

Donation Time
lemans

jan,
i like the way they built the console. wern't there a few cars with a similar console? i've seen a few photos of harringtons with a full console. i have to agree that owners that know only a little about sunbeams are aware of the harringtons and they do draw a lot of attention at shows. when we show up at a popular vote show and the harrington is among a bunch of tigers,we have taken home the trophy. even owners of other british marques are aware of them and i have talked to several TR owners that would like to get their hands on a DOVE'. the most asked question we get is how many are left. a well sorted lemans is a treat to drive hard and on twisty roads the handling is much better than a tiger. we can't wait to get the new one on the road.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I saw the latest copy of "JUST CARS" at the magazine shop today. The Harrington LM is on the cover, It's the NSW car and indeed is 30K.. it also uses the photo from the article in Australian Classic Car i mentioned in my earlier post.

Jan.. now i know where your email cma efrom.. hadn't checked the thread!!! As you now know.. i had a good long think about Ian's car but i already had an alpine.. and really wanted a Tiger, there is still time.. maybe a closed alpine/tiger will be in my future.. just not int he near future! ;)