• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fiberglass panels

steven

Donation Time
Hi has anyone used or seen panels fabricated with fiberglass? its getting harder to find steel replacements and I may need a replacement front fender (mudguard) and section of the rear. Any answers?
Steven

alpine_64

Donation Time
Steven,

There is a company in the Uk doing fibreglass front guards.. not sure of fit/quality. Being in AU.. shipping will be on size of object on that kind of item.. so in many ways you are better off getting original panels.

What series is it for? Bruce rudland up in QLD probably has some panels you can use.

socorob

Donation Time
There's a place that sells fiberglass hoods on eBay every now and then. I think they are in California.

dtbaker61

Donation Time
Hi has anyone used or seen panels fabricated with fiberglass? its getting harder to find steel replacements and I may need a replacement front fender (mudguard) and section of the rear. Any answers?
Steven

I know there are fiberglass hoods made for Tigers that used to be available from the CATO club, but I dunno if there is anyone making new ones, or which series the Tiger hoods might fit right, probably just series III, IV

On that topic though, I WOULD love to know if any carbon/fiberglass hoods or trunk lids are available. I don't want to mess with fenders or doors, but might consider lightening up the hood and trunk lids.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I know there are fiberglass hoods made for Tigers that used to be available from the CATO club, but I dunno if there is anyone making new ones, or which series the Tiger hoods might fit right, probably just series III, IV

On that topic though, I WOULD love to know if any carbon/fiberglass hoods or trunk lids are available. I don't want to mess with fenders or doors, but might consider lightening up the hood and trunk lids.

We are getting a little off stevens topic.. but re the repro LAT tiger hoods.. there are several people still making them. US fibreglass stocks them, Ken Wilcox makes high quality ones, Dale A offeres them and so does Jeff Haworth in the UK... then there are the carbon fibre ones which i think are through dale.

As for series.. people make them in the SV/MKIA/II style.. so that it covers both.. all you need to do is trim them round for early cars.