• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Brass unit at top of B post

steven

Donation Time
The brass unit at the top of the B post has the mount point for the softop frame as well as threaded holes for mounting and the swivle unit for the side cover. I need the right side one

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have a bunch! PM me your email and I can send a pic.
Thanks!
Steve
Hi Steve.
How do you tell the left from the right? I have one but there are no markings on it to identify it as left or right. Thanks for any help.
Rick

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
You're right Rick, there are no markings. Actually , there are two ways to tell which side you have. The first is
how the moving part ( the part that the frame attaches to) is positioned. hard to explain, but the part where the
bolt hole is has to face inwards. There's that and look at the mounting holes on the body. They only line up one way
with the holes in the hinge unit. They usually have one threaded hole that faces inwards a guess a hold over from when
the cars had hinged steel panels for top stowage.

Hope that helps.
Steve

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Rick,
I'm dyslexic , The part that attaches to the frame has to face out, not in as previously
stated! I just put the top up on my car, and noticed my error.

Steve

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
that is a GT brass part and there is no way to fasten a soft top frame to it.......

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Rick,
Eric is correct about that being a GT brass part. I don't know if these are "handed" as nothing that has to
work is mounted to them. I believe that the side rear pad attaches to these and the chrome "B" pillar cap, but
nothing else.

Hope that helps!
Steve