• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

West Coast Invasion: LOOK!

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
facebook

Jim .....Not sure if this is important but you may want to update/post this event on the clubs facebook page ..... personally I don't use or like facebook but their may be many members/owners that do use that site.

.... Enjoy the day All!

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Thanks David, I don't use facebook myself. I do follow my kids and grandkids on it, but don't do any posting. Will take a look at it. How do you get to it on facebook?

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Summit Racing

I'd like to give a shout out to Summit Racing and thank them for helping to sponsor our West Coast Invasion 2017.
They sent a big box of car show material to me yesterday with bags, and identification cars, decals, registration cars and an 8 ft long car show banner.
Thanks you Summit Racing for helping us make our car show a success.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Surf City Garage.

Thank you Surf City Garage liquid car care products.
Surf City Garage has offered to help sponsor our West Coast Invasion 2017 with the offer of free products and other car show items.
It is also offering a 25% discount with all liquid car care products ordered from them at www.surfcitygarage.com. Just enter coupon code CARSHOW at checkout on your next order.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Example of one of the awards for the WC Invasion

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 33

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Thanks to Nick and the SAOCA organization, there will be a few awards presented to attendants, along with Dash Plaques for all. Things are starting to warm up for the WC Invasion.

The Creekside Inn is a nice smaller motel, and as you can see there will be plenty of parking where we can put on our own impromptu car show. It's close enough to town, well, it's in town, where you are within walking distance of many shops and eating areas.

We originally set aside 12 rooms and I believe at last count 10 of them have been reserved. Management let us know that as of now, there will be more available, but the closer we get to May, the more likely they will be to fill up. So if you're still thinking about coming, let us know and get your reservation made.

See you there.

Attachments

• Motel.jpg
    Motel.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 20
  • Motel 2.jpg
    Motel 2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 21

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I'm liking the layout of the place. Looking forward to bench racing after dinner.

Nice job Jim and Bing.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
I'd like to give a shout out to California Car Cover who is helping to support our WC Invasion by sending catalogs and a Golden Shine Car Care Kit. Sponsors help to put on a successful show by submitting items as give-aways, or raffles.

Yes, a little advertising for them is all they desire and deserve from us. I've been using California Car Cover for many years now, and especially for trips away from home, the Superweave product folds up to a small packet very easily and their workmanship and customer service is fantastic. I personally had them add a 5inch skirt to their original pattern as I found the original not quite covering the rockers. At no charge, and no hassle.

Thank you Calirornia Car Cover.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
It's March, and time is marching on toward the WC Invasion in Cambria. Being originally from Iowa, I'm quite used to acres of cornfields, but on the drive through Cambria, I was quite surprised to see the acres and acres of vineyards, and learned that they are all hand-tended. Wow an amazing feat just to get a bottle of Two Buck Chuck.
The views along the roads of Cambria were quite amazing also, see attached.
Hope you all are doing your final tweaks on your Sunbeams for this ride. I myself am putting on a new Hitachi alternator in antisipation of our run, and this weekend I'm making my first run over 150 miles down to San Diego area.
Not anticipating any problems, but I did upgrade my AAA to the Premier status (200 miles towing):eek:
Remember, you can click on the WC Invasion logo at the top of the page for more information.
Good luck to all, looking forward to seeing you.

Attachments

• 20170215_103739.jpg
    20170215_103739.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 20

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Just as a reminder, Geoff is looking for someone to share the expenses of a room for the WC Invasion. He had to reserve a room with 2 queen beds. Let me know if you're interested and I'll set up a contact.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Well, less than 60 days until we meet up in Cambria, Ca for the WC Invasion. For you who are dragging your feet, time is coming really fast.
After my shakedown trip to Carlsbad, CA. I believe I can make it to Cambria now. I now have 1350 miles on the engine since rebuilding it and it seems to be behaving itself. Well, now that I've re-discovered WHY we should use loc-tite in many situations.
Looking around in Cambria, I'm thinking I may have at least a meal or two at this little pizza place. Come join us.
If you've decided to join and haven't let me know, please do so at jimjordanjr@verizon.net so we can prepare name tags and add you to our list.

See ya soon.

Attachments

• 20170215_102714.jpg
    20170215_102714.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 31

bing

Donation Time
I drove through the wine country Tuesday on my way for an evening's stay in Cambria. Part of my route included some of the paths our group will take. Stunningly beautiful thanks to all the rain. We're in for a very nice time.
Bing

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Hello to you all. Just a little over a month before we'll be gathering in Cambria.

We originally had 12 rooms set aside for our gathering, as of today, there have been 10 of those rooms reserved. It's beginning to look like a very nice first year invasion. With these 10 reserved, and a couple more that live close to the area, spouses, friends, riders, we should have a good sized crowd.

There are rooms available even if we fill the 12, but the Manager told me they were going fast and if we didn't use the last two, to let him know as soon as possible.

So, check your calendars, shine up your Sunbeam, and come join us for a weekend of Fun and Friends. See you there.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
FYI-I'd like to ask attendees to bring your laptops, tablets and any of them internet gizmos to the WC Invasion. I'll have the address of the proposed upgraded site. I'd like your impressions, suggestions, input etc.

We hope to launch it later this year.

See you in a month.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Less than three weeks now until The WC Invasion. Got another box of goodies from Mothers Polishes yesterday. Thank you Mothers for helping support our event.

Just a reminder, look in the shed, under the bed, out back behind the barn, where ever you store your extra parts, and dust them off and bring what you may want to part with. Hey, some of those things you don't need will help pay for your trip. And on the other hand, bring some cash for those items you may want or need that others have.

I am going to be selling my late model hardtop, I'm not bringing it, but I will have enough photos of it to give you a good look see. Got a bunch of other stuff, but sure don't have a lot of room in the Alpine. Been wanting to make a mini-trailer out of a Series V rear half. Maybe some day....

OK, looks like about 11 for the weekend, that I know of. possibly having a few drive-ins that will just spend the day. I'm looking forward to it. That's a nice count for our first year. I'm really looking forward to it.

See you soon.

ALPINE5GT

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hello all.
I will be coming to the Cambria Event as well with my '65 automatic.
I will also be driving my Truck, as I have 3 peeps. If you need any parts, I mean anything, let me know, as I need to get rid of most my stuff.
Good heads, gauges, bits, bolts, metal hood doors, late hardtop shell, just ask!
Not really looking for $$ just can't see tossing it out. 2 new sets of SV pistons
2 barrel manifolds solex carbs, knock-off spinners, I just can't name it all, so ask and I will check.

Kevin Rodgers
nmcb18atgmail

ALPINE5GT

Diamond Level Sponsor
I also have a set of Shelby 4 spoke alloy wheels.
They look like the American Racing wheel, just say Shelby on the inside.
Same size and bolt pattern as original.

Kevin

bing

Donation Time
The only thing I am missing is the clip that holds the lug wrench in the trunk. I know, I know, BIG SPENDER!