• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

West Coast Invasion: LOOK!

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
People coming with you?

Just sent out an email to you that have signed up. Please send Bing and/or I names of anyone coming with you for name tags.
Thanks.
17 days. Time is flying. I better get out to the shop and gather all that I need /want to bring.
Don't forget your cash, sounds like Kevin Rodgers is bringing a boatload of parts.

ALPINE5GT

Diamond Level Sponsor
Parts

If I knew what people needed, It would be easier to bring what is needed.
Just let me know. Most the used stuff is free to a good home.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I am always looking for a steering box that will fit a series II, I would like to try and machine one to use a real seal on the output shaft.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Well, there's a reason to come to the WC Invasion, a promise of FREE parts. What else could a guy ever ask for.
In two weeks, I should be packed and ready to drive, looking forward to seeing you all.

Attachments

• SAOCA Flag.jpg
    SAOCA Flag.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 16

gbinckes

Silver Level Sponsor
Well guys, I am sad to say I won't be able to make the West Coast Invasion, I was hoping to be a surprise guest. I FINALLY got my Alpine on the road; finished the brakes on Monday, got the muffler installed on Wednesday, and drove around town grinning ear to ear. Amazing the number of people who have stopped me in my neighborhood/on the street to talk cars. Unfortunately, after about 6 miles, I started hearing bad things behind me, and it looks like my original Alpine rear end (that I haven't touched, other than to put in more lubricant) is shot. It started banging and getting worse, so I limped home and am exploring options for replacement/rebuild. Even though I have no transmission tunnel, barely working gauges or brake lights, and no soft top or hard top, I was really looking forward to driving up. Will miss seeing you guys next week (especially Nick, Kelly and Rich who helped test fit the V-6 about 7 years ago) but I fully expect to be at the next get together! Have fun, and know that I will be there in spirit!

- Garet

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Well, I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. Yes, would have been a nice surprise. Next year for sure..............

bing

Donation Time
That is a bummer for sure. When we started to put this together, Jim and I felt that if this event was successful, and it's starting to look promising, then we would like to do it again. I hope you get your car on the road soon.
Bing

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Yes, I do have some "Designated Sunbeam Alpine" Sheets printed up for a few non-Rootes cars that will there. Like Nick's Rental and a couple others. No car is not a reason not to come spend some time with us. I know a few cars that won't have any co-pilots. You can always catch a ride.
Come join us, there's still time. Not sure about rooms though, you'll have to call up there.
Either way, hope everything goes fine. I do have a 67 rear-end out back, and not far from you. It's a wire-wheel set-up, but that can be converted I'm sure.

gbinckes

Silver Level Sponsor
The agreement I had with the family was if the Alpine was ready I could blow off other commitments and drive up Thursday night, come home Friday afternoon. But since the Alpine will need a little more work I am back to taking care of the kids. Believe me, I would loooove to come up, but the kids take a priority. I look forward to seeing pictures and I will DEFINITELY be there next year! I got to put 7 miles on the Alpine before it became undriveable and those were some of the best 7 miles ever. Have a great time and post pics please!

And thanks everyone, I greatly appreciate this whole community and look forward to meeting you guys in person either next year, at Coffee and Cars, o at one of the local car shows.

Thanks!

- Garet

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
What do you need for a roadtrip?

Four days and we're on the way to Cambria.
I'm beginning to realize how much stuff I need to pack in my little Sunnypit. And how much stuff do I need for a 4 day road trip? Tools? Extra parts? Oil, Fuel, Coolant, Brake fluid, hoses? I have a spare engine sitting here, but that's not going in. Do I need/want a folding chair?
Boxes of goodie bag stuff, SAOCA Banner, prizes. Where am I going to sit? Luggage, All the electronic stuff we now have to have now. Oh, and do I want to bring my timing light kit and meter, etc. Just in case someone wants to use it?
Well, now how about the Jump-starter Battery. Someone might need that.
Now if I only would have made the Alpine trailer like I've seen made from the rear of an Alpine.

OK, so I guess the answer is AAA Premier Card will get me home in the worse case, so that's important and doesn't take up too much room.

OK guys, let's Git er Done. See you all in about 4-5 days.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Dan R, that would make the presentation of the Longest Driven a shoe-in. You better leave this afternoon and don't plan on stopping.:D

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
OK, weather is going to be great, Sunny and in the 70's for the whole weekend. All top-down time. But remember it can get cool in the evening by the ocean. Jackets and sweaters needed probably.

Hoping for the best for everyone. Driving 50 year old cars can sometimes be an adventurous experience. Be careful and take it easy.

I need someone to step up and be the photographer that can upload the photos.

So this will be my last post until I get to Cambria.
My time now is just to enjoy and have fun.

See you all soon.:cool:

bing

Donation Time
driving directions to creekside inn

Greetings Earthlings,
If you are coming from the south, the most direct way is 101 to 1 north. Go right at the first Cambria exit (Main st.). Go about 1/3 mile and it's on your left. Coming from the north, Main st. will be the last exit, go left. 1/3 mile on your left. creekside inn 805 927 4021, 800 269 5212
Bing's cell 805 287 8474
Jim's cell 805 390 4225

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I will be meeting you guys at the Warbird Museum on the way in Friday, do you know what time you will be there?

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
I think we were thinking about leaving 11-12 somewhere in that area.
OK, so maybe this will be my last post. LOL

bing

Donation Time
I was just there yesterday for a car show and swap meet, so I will pass on that. If you haven't seen it, it's worth a visit.