• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I was able to get the trunk lid started and of course ran out of welding gas, so called it a day and glad a refill was available on a Friday instead of the weekend. Looks like more progress can be made today.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Made some good progress on the trunk lid. I got one from a member here along with the one that came on the car. Should be done this week coming.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
So, I ended up getting a Brother industrial machine for FREE! Timing is everything.
Sold the Juki to a friend for what I had into it, everyone is happy. Drivers seat is finally done and working on the passenger seat now. With the rain settling down I can get back to the trunk hinge design. I really wanted to use the factory type of hinge, but that just can't work because the deck lid behing the Retracable Hard Top is mobile. In the meantime the trunk is done in self etching primer now so the block sanding can begin, then I can seal the primer.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Here is a shot of the center filler panel and the start of the license plate bracket which witll be below the bumper. I decided to keep some of the indentation in the panel.

IMG_20240423_103337608.jpg