• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

Is the rest of the plumbing on the tanks and hoses/pipes the same as the original layout? You took modding to a whole new level. Wow.

Scotty, Thanks
The vent routing is the same and will tie all three tanks together. The supply side is a 3/8" feed to electric fuel pumps ( one per tank) so no crossover will be used. The driver side will also be fitted for fueling that tank. It will overflow to the chassis main tank over the rear axle.

Agree Karl does an awesome job of explaining his panel as does carter auto restorations , you've got to love people that share their skill sets on you tube except for the how bad you can feel about your self when your work is very average compared to theirs

You are absolutely right!
Finishing up the passenger seat upholstery and started making the gas filler opening on the driver side to match the passenger side. A little progress is better than no progress.

Thanks DanR
I appreciate your kind words, right now I am working on sorting out the trunk hinges. I have the geometry figured out and it looks something like this......
IMG_20240526_124425732.jpg

As it turns out, the MX-5 hinges actually have the same geometry. All I had to do was lengthen both arms. See attached.
IMG_20240605_115557437.jpgIMG_20240605_115613796.jpg

Just got both rocker panels ready to be welded on, decided to make them in two pieces for ease of fabrication. This week will focus on welding and I have a major swap meet that needs my stash of parts.IMG_20240607_124824016.jpg

Back