• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. lgurley

This looks like a good flying machine to me

I don't know a lot about airplanes but this looks like it could still give you a good ride. http://www.greatdanepromilitary.com/SR-71/index.htm
  2. lgurley

Do not reply

I have been getting these inquiries the past few days!! Did you send me an email from tagged@taggedmail.com? This site apparently sends a friend invitation to everyone you have ever contacted by e mail. I answered one from a girl I met in Thailand and all of a sudden I am getting these...
  3. lgurley

What is this?

Can someone identify this panel?
  4. lgurley

How not to treat the police

Try this on for size. http://biggeekdaddy.com/humorpages/Misc/howtogotojailforspeeding.html
  5. lgurley

Slide show

I have never tried this but if it works I thought some of you might like a look at my V6 driver. I only have a couple of hundred miles on it right now but it feels like I can drive it every day in comfort. For the time being I have parked my Pontiac and my Silverado...
  6. lgurley

Valve cover

Now that I have the V6 installed, does anyone have some chrome or polished aluminum valve covers they will sell?
  7. lgurley

First drive

Hey Guys, I took my 2.8 V6 Alpine for the first drive this afternoon. Man, what a car! I am too old to drive fast but you got to try it out. I let off at 90 and then shifted to fifth to see how it handled at cruising speed which to me is 75. Everything seems good but the steering is incredibly...
  8. lgurley

I have to brag

I spent my Christmas in Koh Chang Thailand and had a wonderful Christmas party with my son, brother, sister in law, two nieces and and old friend and his wife. They threw a wonderful party on the beach and it was of course about 80 degrees f. and there were tables of food to match a king's...
  9. lgurley

help my mechanic!!

High guys, My mechanic is trying to get Jose by e mail with the following question. Jose is having trouble with his e mail. Help me if you can. The mechanic's e mail is: thehotrodshopms@yahoo.com His name is Mike. Jose, We have most of the kit figured out, but we have not...
  10. lgurley

V6 conversion clutch linkage

Does any anyone have info. on what type clutch linkage I need on my 2.8 v6 conversion? The original was hyd. and the new mustang 5 speed with the v6 bellhousing is manual linkage.Thanks for you reply.
  11. lgurley

007 discusses Alpine vs Tiger

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/07/bond_excerpt200807
  12. lgurley

1980 Alpine

Who made this car? http://www.autotraderclassics.com/details?adId=90402728
  13. lgurley

Rhd/lhd

What is involved in changing from RHD to LHD or vice versa?
  14. lgurley

V6 radiator

Will the stock radiator cool my 2.8 or do I need to make modifications? Will the fan be sufficient? Should I use electric fans only? Should I use the mechanical fan and add electric fans in front of the radiator. I should be ready to drop the engine in within the week and if I need to do...
  15. lgurley

3:70

I have a 3:70 rear in my Alpine which is being updated to a 2.8, V6. Is this good or bad? I have a stock rear I could change back to. What is best for a car I want to drive in traffic and also on the interstate hwys. Thanks
  16. lgurley

cars we loved

If you were born between 1940 and 1965 you need to check these cars. Not Sunbeams but they were great. http://thefiftiesandsixties.com/CarsWeDrove.htm
  17. lgurley

Wow

Doesn't anyone have pictures of their 2.8 V6 conversion in progress or any stage of construction. If you do, please email them to me or email link to anonbalias@gmail.com Andrew, If you could find pictures of this and instructions for a basic swap I think it would be great for the publication.
  18. lgurley

oil filter adapter

I have my kit. I have my 2.8. I have my T5 transmission. I have the correct oil pan and pick up tube. If I had a oil filter adapter and some installation pictures I could drive this one to the DarkSide Christmas party. If you have pictures from your installation please send them to...
  19. lgurley

Dark side here I come

I need a Bronco oil pan and a 5 speed transmission for my 2.8 conversion. I need any parts that will help me get my V6 connected to my SV. I would like to be driving it by Spring. Spring can come early in Mississippi.
  20. lgurley

vin number

I am looking at a MustangII to take the engine for a V6 conversion. The car has parts from more than one car. Is there a place on the engine to find the vin number or a way to otherwise identify it as a 2.8? I am 400 miles from the car and can't compare it with anything.