• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

How not to treat the police

skywords

Donation Time
Now that's priceless!
Whenever I come across a Officer that rubs me the wrong way I do this.

1.) Be kind, cooperative, obey all requests.
2.) When given the ticket I get comfortable and begin reading.
3.) Ask lots of questions about road conditions weather etc.... and why they require this info.
I am a slow reader.

4.) more reading
5.) more reading
6.) more reading
7.) more reading
8.) ask more questions
9.) Be kind and courteous
10.) more reading.
11.) turn page over too fine print side
12.) more reading
13 answer his question "am I going to sign it?" with "I never sign anything before reading it" This is your right.
14.) more reading
15.) more reading

They think they are detaining you but in reality they are the one being detained. :) Works best in the rain and hot weather. I have detained them for over 30 minutes.

L

Lee DeRamus saoca0404

This doesn't apply to cars, but is a similar story. My friend Lou had just picked up his new boat on a Friday night. He invited me and another friend to
go fishing in the morning. Right after launching, the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries boat pulled us over. It seems that the dealer did not install the registration number on the bow, and had given them to Lou. He showed them the paperwork for the brand new boat and the numbers he had in his shirt pocket. It did not make a difference. He handed Lou the ticket on a clipboard
along with his gold plated Cross pen. After signing, Lou handed it back and just happened to tilt it so the pen fell into the water. WOW, I have never seen someone so mad. He had just received it as an an award for long service. I just knew we were all going to jail. The hardest thing was trying not to laugh.
Lee