• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. gbinckes

2.8 V6 in New Hampshire . . .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-2-8-V6-Pinto-Engine-Runs-Perfect/274000299962?hash=item3fcbb0c7ba:g:4EkAAOSwKe1dN5-p No relation to seller, but look slike a pretty good deal!
  2. gbinckes

Early Series Shock Conversion - totally awesome!

Hey all, finally got around to converting my rear end from the lever action dampeners to shock absorbers using Doug's (bulldurham) kit, and man what a difference it makes!! I wish I would have done this years ago, makes the Alpine so much more driveable! Unfortunately, too driveable, as I ended...
  3. gbinckes

Alignment shop in So Cal

Great news (for me that is) I finally got my Alpine V-6 running with brakes installed. Took it out for a cruise, getting muffler tomorrow, and thinking about how wonky it drives. Can anyone recommend an alignment shop in So Cal, preferably close to Garden Grove area? Thanks! - Garet...
  4. gbinckes

Door cards and interior pieces

Hey all, making some progress on my Alpine, almost at a point where I need to address the interior. Does anyone have any door cards for a Series II? I figure I only need one to use as a template, but I would prefer a matching set. Also looking for the misc vinyl interior pieces. Let me know...
  5. gbinckes

Alpine Poster - including the ultra-rare Shooting Brake!

This poster cracks me up, awful drawings and even includes the ultra-rare Sunbeam Alpine Shooting Brake! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunbeam-Alpine-Tiger-evolution-chart-1959-to-1968-Shelby-Get-Smart-James-Bond-/111885257143?hash=item1a0ce189b7:g:QfgAAOSwGotWohyW
  6. gbinckes

Interior door cards

Slowly making progress on my Alpine, but it looks like I have misplaced my original door cards. Does anyone have a set I can use as a template? Looking for quick and dirty, not quite ready to do a nice interior. Thanks! - Garet
  7. gbinckes

V6 Heater hoses

Hey all, still slowly working on my V-6 project (year 6 of the 4-year plan), was wondering what people did with the heater hoses in the engine compartment. Did you use/modify the original Alpine heater control mechanism or use something else? My Alpine is a SII . . . Thanks! - Garet
  8. gbinckes

Fluid recomendations

Getting closer and closer to getting my SII on the road, thinking about fluids now. Can anyone recommend fluids for the following? Rear axle (SAE 80-90?): 2001 Mustang T-5 (anyone using gear oil 75w90 or 10w40?): Datsun F-10 brake master (SAE 70?): Clutch (I have read DOT 3 or 4 works...
  9. gbinckes

SUPERCHARGER KIT FOR 2.8 FORD V6 -eBay

Hahahaha, anyone have a huge hole in their hood they want to fill? http://www.ebay.com/itm/281628012361?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  10. gbinckes

Ignition Control Module wiring diagram

Hey all, working through the wiring now that the engine is in. I am using a Rebel wiring harness, was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram showing the ignition components. Thought I would ask first before I try to reinvent the wheel, as I think I may be missing a few pieces . . ...
  11. gbinckes

T-5 clutch return spring

Hey all, going to be posting more and more as I look for items to complete the V-6 install. Now I am missing the clutch return spring that pulls the throwout arm back in to place. Does anyone know where to find these or have a part number I can use? BTW, I got the engine mated to the tranny...
  12. gbinckes

Crossmember spacers

Hey all, working on my car this week, misplaced the aluminum crossmember spacers. Anyone have an extra set? I need them this week, trying to get the engine in. I have a 1962 Series II. Let me know how much including next day shipping please. Thanks! Garet
  13. gbinckes

"Hot Rod Garage" Audition

Hot Rod Garage is looking for a new co-host for their web series. My 13 year old son Owen decided to give it a shot and submit a video. It even includes a sneak peak at my Alpine V-6 project. Hope you enjoy it, and vote for Owen! http://youtu.be/n3gwYwc9XFw - Garet
  14. gbinckes

Fog light brackets

Does any have or make fog light brackets? I have a SII, looking for the brackets that bolt to the bumper bolt and come up and around the bumper, or really anything that will work on these cars. Many thanks! Garet
  15. gbinckes

Mustang II rear water outlet needed . . .

Hey all, still slowly making progress on the Alpine, although it is at Glacier-like swiftness. I happened to break my rear water outlet, does anyone happen to have a spare? This is off a Mustang II 2.8, is on the backside of where the thermostat goes (it has a triangular base and points up...
  16. gbinckes

V6 Transmission arm

Hey all, been working on my car the past couple days (even had a nice little electrical fire, NOT a good thing when your head is under the dash. No one hurt, but I think I fried the ignition switch and dash light switch). Anywho, test fit the transmission again and I still have the problem...
  17. gbinckes

Alpine Conversion progress . . .

Hey all, just wanted to let you know I am still working on my V6 swap, but it is sooo dang hot here in So Cal it is making it difficult! I have *most* of the electrical work done using a Pete's wiring harness, back/front brakes *mostly* done, *most* of the sounddeadening laid down. I am taking...
  18. gbinckes

SII Rear brake Y fitting

I am in the process of redoing my brake lines, took the Y brake fitting off the rear end for cleaning and now can't find the dang thing! Anyone have an extra lying around? Thanks!! - Garet
  19. gbinckes

Heater Core

Hey all, putting my SII back together and have some questions regarding the heater core. When I took it apart, the heater core was just sitting in tthe box, it wasn't attached to anything (other than the heater lines). Am I missing a bracket that holds it in place? Are there rubber parts I...
  20. gbinckes

1966 V-6 project in California

No affiliation, etc., thought I would post and see if anyone knew anything about this . . . http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/3923799649.html