• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

Restored series II with race V6 for sale.

Hey guys been a while since I've been on here. Reluctantly selling my hot rod. Want to turn heads, set off car alarms and go scarey fast? Then read on. 99% restored. Body is in really great shape. Zero rust. Zero. Body clean and original, wheel wells, rockers, trunk everything solid. No damage...
  2. S

Really big thank you to all

Hey guys, My son and I have finished our SII project-wow what an amazing fun experience. Please checkout the link below to see the pictures. We really wanted to express our gratitude to everybody here on the forum for all the great help we've received over the last 7 months. Thank you! We...
  3. S

Dura Spark Help

Hi Guys- OK I give up-Uncle. Can anybody shed some light on how to get my ignition working!? I have just installed my 2.8L on my Series 2 and I am converting to an electronic ignition with the Dura Spark Module. I have the new distributor too. The engine turns over fine just no spark. The one...
  4. S

V6 Conversion and Restoration Pictures

Hi guys, Wanted to post the pictures of our S2 V6 conversion and restoration as it is to date. I've been meaning to do this for a while now. I think it's always fun to look at everybody's pictures so here are ours. I will add new ones to the Flickr site each day or so. I hope you enjoy them. My...
  5. S

Alpine Fender Badge question

I'm restoring a Series 2 and wondered if somebody might know the answer to a question about the front fender badges (or lack of). My car is a very late S2 built in late November of '62 and is a '63 model. From what I can tell S2s didn't come with a badge below the Alpine script, however mine has...
  6. S

Bread Trick

OK maybe this is old hat but I had never heard of it. I just had to share this. I had never heard of this using bread to remove the pilot bearing from the crank? Has anybody else heard of this? Well, I tried it on my pilot bearing and it totally worked. I couldn't believe it. I guess you can use...
  7. S

Wilwood attachment

Hi Guys Wondering how anybody who used a Wilwood attachd it to Jose's bracket. Thanks. Tom
  8. S

Series II rearview mirror

Hi, Does anybody have an original (or at least originalish) rearview mirror they wouldn't mind parting with. I just can't seem to find one. Thanks, Tom
  9. S

T5 Modification Help

Hi all, Trying to get my '04 tremac T5 modified today and need some help. Can anyone tell me how much should be trimmed off the end of the collar tube. Jose thought 1/2" or 3/4" but wasn't sure. Anybody? Thanks a bunch. Tom If you know would you mind emailing the info to Latitude19@mac.com...
  10. S

MG wheels and Spline count on hubs

I have heard of guys putting MG 14" wires on there Alpines with no problems. Can anybody confirm that the MG and Apline spline count is the same? Thanks Tom
  11. S

4 Lug Steel Wheel Hubs Needed

Does anybody have the front 4 lug hubs from the steel wheels they'd be willing to sell. Trying to convert from my wires to bolt ons. Thanks a bunch. Tom-63' Series II
  12. S

Series II Dashboard Color

Hi Guys, Yet another question. I'm in the middle of repainting my '63 S2 and have it all apart and primed. My car has a dash pad and the area forward of the pad and behind the windshield is painted metal. What color should it be painted? I think mine was originally red the same as the car. Is...
  13. S

S2 Gas Cap and Filler Ring Question

Hi ,I'm looking for help installing the gas cap filler ring (the chrome beauty ring) on my S2. The previous owner moved the gas fill to inside the trunk and then filled the original hole with bondo. I'm attempting to put it back to original but am somewhat confused about exactly how the filler...
  14. S

Series II Engine and Tranny for sale

Hi all, My son and I are making our way to the darkside and are selling our engine and transmission from our series II. I just recently purchased the car at the end of June. I was told that the engine was rebuilt and still had the break in oil in it. It has the Webber carb. The transmission...
  15. S

Mustang II Bellhousing available

Yeah! Yeah! I found a bellhousing! The good news I wanted to pass on is that the guy has another one! If you are interested call Phil Schmidt at Mustang II Specialty Shop at (334) 298-3038 or email at pschmidt65@prodigy.net. Mine was $240 plus shipping with the spacer, clutch fork and flywheel...
  16. S

Nardi Steering Wheels

Happy 4th, Has anybody but a Nardi wheel on their car (I'm have an S2). If so would love to hear how you did it. what hub adapter used, etc. Thanks for the help. Tom
  17. S

Series II Gas Cap

Hi Guys looking for a S2 gas cap. It's the one with 3 ears right? Thanks Tom
  18. S

Bell housing for mustang II

Hello everyone, My dad and i have found a 2.8 v6 does anyone know were we could find a t5 tranny and a mustang II bell housing
  19. S

V6

Hello, My dad and i have a 63 alpine and we are looking to convert ot to a v6. Does anyone know how we can contact Jose Rodriguez about getting one of his kits?