• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Nardi Steering Wheels

Stormb10

Donation Time
Happy 4th,
Has anybody but a Nardi wheel on their car (I'm have an S2). If so would love to hear how you did it. what hub adapter used, etc. Thanks for the help.
Tom

alpine_64

Donation Time
There are nardi boss kits to fit the wheels to sunbeams. I generally see them advertsied for the S3-V .. but they might work on the early cars as on the later ones it prevents them from being adjustable.

do an ebay serach in the Uk ebay site with nardi + sunbeam

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I am running a Moto-Lita hub on my Ser II and the horn works :)
I have read Mazda RX7 is the same spline.
DSCN2317-M.jpg

DSCN2323-M.jpg

bashby

Donation Time
A good friend of mine is using a early RX7 wheel on his Series I; it fit without issues. I too am using a Moto-Lita on my Series V and the horn works.

Alan F

Donation Time
Nardi On S1

I really wanted a Nardi on my car so I used an RX7 hub sourced from Japan to put a Nardi on my series I. The wheel also came from Japan. The hub was fairly cheap (< $20 used) and the only mod I had to make was to add a larger diameter ring for the horn wiper. I made it out of brass sheet from a hobby store and riveted it to the existing ring. Seems to work fine. It also came with Krinkel finish that sanded off very easily and I painted it to match the "clam shells". The one I got has a plastic ring that slides on the hub to close the gap between the hub and clam shells. The pictures show before refinishing and after. If you think you want to go his route, I would pick up a used one and play with it before you order the wheel. That way you won't be out much if it doesn't work out.

Alan F

Attachments

• Wheel2.JPG
    Wheel2.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Wheel3.JPG
    Wheel3.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Wheel1 - Copy.JPG
    Wheel1 - Copy.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 37

Stormb10

Donation Time
Nardi wheel

Wow the pic look great thanks for the info. I will get the hub first. I am struggling to figure out how to get my old one off. I've looked at the Hayes manual and some other drawing and I'm stcuk. I don't have or can't locate the center nut. Any advise is welcome. Series II