• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bread Trick

Stormb10

Donation Time
OK maybe this is old hat but I had never heard of it. I just had to share this. I had never heard of this using bread to remove the pilot bearing from the crank? Has anybody else heard of this? Well, I tried it on my pilot bearing and it totally worked. I couldn't believe it. I guess you can use grease too but this worked and was less messy. The idea is to shove bread in the hole as much as you can then using a close fitting bolt or similar pound on the bread and compact it, then add more bread to fill the space again. Repeat until the bearing pops out. Amazing! Tom

Attachments

• rsz_imag0223.jpg
    rsz_imag0223.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 48

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Yes, grease is used quite often. Turns it into a hydraulic piston.

(Bread (white) is also used in water pipe repair, to temporarily dam residual water from a mostly-drained pipe while installing valves, etc. It'll wash away quickly when you restore water pressure.)