• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. F

Found something interesting?

So, I stripped out my old carpet and found something interesting on the passenger side.. see pic.. the old carpet was cut to allow the slots to come through. My question is, what are they.. braces for a foot rest? It appears to be an added floor pan, from when I don't know, but who ever had...
  2. F

Any one delt with Commonwealth classics, Vancouver, WA??

Got a referal from an over booked British car place to the above shop. He said they had a mechanic who actially used to work build Sunbeams back in the day. Anyone use or had any run ins with em??
  3. F

Brake booster!! Removal.. questions!!

I believe the booster went bad.. brake fluid disappearing. No puddles anywhere, brakes gone and now white smoke coming from the engine. Was gonna remove the booster and send to a recommended shop from SS. So.. just confirming, it looks straight forward.. remove the two brake lines, the...
  4. F

Brake fluid disappearing!!??

So, I got my car ready for summer.. drove approximately 200-300 miles. Parked the car for a few days and boom.. brakes are gone. Refilled the empty reservoir.. and when pumping the brakes got air bubbles coming up. Brakes then returned. 3 days later.. reservoir empty again and brakes gone. No...
  5. F

over heating a V6 and a smoke test?

After reading all the different ideas about V6's and air flow. I had a great conversation with an old Tiger owner and he thought that someone years ago had done a smoke test. He seemed to remember someone placeing smoke in front of an alpine with both an electric fan and again with the clutch...
  6. F

soft top questions..

Dealing with a Series 3.. help in finding the right top??!! Been talking with SoCal about his top for sale on eBay. Is there a way to identify what top goes to what Series car? Is Velcro only for the Series 4 & 5? So.. for reference.. my top attaches in the rear.. Where a section folds out...
  7. F

Hood Emblem for an S III

looking for a picture of a series 3 hood emblem.. Thanks in advance.
  8. F

CV joints..??

how hard are replacing the CV joints? What else should I do while I'm under there? Also, does Sunbeam Specialties have it all or do I need to start shopping Ebay?r
  9. F

Any chance on buying a shirt?

You guys are doing a great job.. but no way to make it from Oregon.. Can I buy a T shirt or two, decals? For support and bragging options?
  10. F

hooking the T-5 to a stock speedo?

Trying to get the '98 T-5 hooked to the speedo.. figured I could at least really tell the officer how fast I was going.. was told there is an adapter? Any clue as to what it is..Also.. anything special to getting the RPM gauge hooked up as well?
  11. F

Silly me, what was I thinking..!!

After traveling this very rocky road and even considering selling the beloved "Princess" I have crossed what I believe to be that ever elusive golden bridge.. With that.. All you Darksiders.. don't lose sight and don't lose hope.. and remember a few tid bits I learned on this bumpy trip we...
  12. F

Seat belts..!!

Wife won't let me take the kids to school without seat belts in the back portion of a Series 3.. any thoughts on what to fasten them too? I have cushions.. have belts.. wasn't sure if there was a certain place stronger then the other.. Thanks Mike
  13. F

1963 S III, V6 for sale!!

Its killing me however, I have to let my "Princess" go.. V6 swap done, can provide all mechanic documents, I will be straight forward.. with anyone interested.. will provide any and all pictures you need.. $8000, would be the cost of the conversion and the car for free.. Located in the...
  14. F

Running with out a thermostat??

Has or does anyone run a v6 without a thermostat. I'm having overheat problems and during my troubleshooting the conversation came up with my mechanic.. he says shouldn't be a problem since its a top down summer only driver.. what's the group's thoughts.. FYI running an electric fan.. Don't...
  15. F

Nice car in Oregon..

Found it on Craigslist.. anyone interested I can take a closer look... http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4424138449.html No relation.. just trying to help out.. Mike
  16. F

Any chance on getting T-shirts??

I can't make the East coast one but will try the Invasion in Colorado. Is there any chance of buying T-shirts online to help support and get a great conversation piece??
  17. F

looking for letters and a S III hood badge..

Looking for a set of the Sunbeam letters and a hood badge for a series 3.. let me know.. thanks
  18. F

Gauges and electrical??

So just completed the engine and exhaust.. need advise on how to hook up or which new gauges that will fit the dash.. issue #1 Currently installed an '88 V6 and a '98 T-5.. currently my speedo and RPM do not work.. any suggestions on which gauges or can I adapt the original gauges somehow...
  19. F

Finally done Thanks to ALL..!!

Just wanted to give a big thank you to the folks on the Forum.. especially Jose' for the kit and advice.. Dillion for the Bellhousing and everyone else for their advice.. If your in the Willamette Valley in Oregon give me a shout and we'll have a beer.. or coffee.. 60 degrees on the coast...
  20. F

T-5 transmission, pilot bushing question?

I'm pretty sure I know what Jose' answer is.. but I'll throw it out to the masses anyways.. On the input shaft.. where it meets the pilot bushing.. has anyone been able to make a new bearing that fits.. or been able to grind down the existing bearing to make it fit? I understand that is...