• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Seat belts..!!

Firebuff

Donation Time
Wife won't let me take the kids to school without seat belts in the back portion of a Series 3.. any thoughts on what to fasten them too?

I have cushions.. have belts.. wasn't sure if there was a certain place stronger then the other..

Thanks

Mike

alpine_64

Donation Time
Have to mount the archors in the rear deck do they will only be lap belts. Also unless the car is a GT they will be resting against a hinged panel... Its not really a great place to put people... I've done it but I always feel relief after they get out

Firebuff

Donation Time
Thanks..

I literally live less then a mile from the school.. have no intention of driving anyone on the highway/freeway. The wife is just REALLY safety conscious..

Asm109

Donation Time
When my boys were small, I put both of them in the front seat of the Tiger and strapped them in. They fit quite well, they were quite bummed out when they got too big to both fit at the same time.

65beam

Donation Time
belts

back when the kid was a little guy and we traveled in the alpine he would stretch out behind the seats and sleep. there was no seat belt to hold him in. he's now 31 and it would be hard to get his size 14 shoes to fit.

Hodee

Donation Time
In college we fit five of us into my Ser V for a 45 min drive to Cincy for a concert. Then the return trip back to Miami U. (ohio)