• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. napa 1

LeMans for sale

Well here I go again with the notion of selling my special car. Have been talking with the folks at BaT, Hemmings and lately have bonhams trying to convince me to add it to the catalogue at Scottsdale in January. Believe me, I’ve been agonizing over this and likely will regret selling it...
  2. napa 1

Not a Harrington

While my Le Mans ages gracefully under cover...Thought you guys might enjoy this time-lapse I made of my E-type rebuild ( just finished the engine/front end). Wish I had thought to do one on the Harrington. The differences and similarities between the two has been interesting, somethings...
  3. napa 1

Harrington stuff

I been clearing out the garage and uncovering all sorts of great Harrington stuff that I've collected so I wanted to start a thread to share Harrington stuff with everyone. I received a whole bunch of stuff letters/photos etc. from PO of my car, and I have a few things and more coming from my...
  4. napa 1

Number of Le Mans on the road

Hi Harrington guys! Hope all is well with all of you and your projects. I'm sure this information is available on the fantastic Harrington website, but when I'm telling people about my Harrington when they see it in person, I'm never sure what the exact production numbers vs. survival numbers...
  5. napa 1

Free intakes and carbs

anyone interested in these? Just pay shipping and the lot is yours.
  6. napa 1

LeMans for sale, maybe?

Hey guys. Long time away from the forum and Sunbeams as my life with three kids in college, a busy business, and ailing elderly parents has kept me away from the car hobby :(. As such my poor Harrington has sat lonely in the garage with only the odd run and tinker, which makes me feel guilty...
  7. napa 1

A Harrington in a Harrington for the first time

Here's a fun one. This is Thomas Harrington's great great grandson, Ben, sitting in my Harrington in Napa yesterday. Family tree: Ben is my friend Debbie's son. Debbie's mom is Naomi Harrington, who is Gordon Harrington's Daughter. Gordon is Thomas Harrington's son. :) As mentioned in...
  8. napa 1

Fuel vapor lock?

Hi all. Have been away from my Harrington ( and the forum) for a while working on other projects. Hoping to get a little assistance with starting her up after a long sit as a garage queen. (year). Cranking and cranking and she's not getting any fuel. Starts easily with starting fluid, so...
  9. napa 1

Thanks for all the help

Hi All. I just posted pictures of the finished Harrington on the Harrington section, but wanted to say thanks to all members for the help, support and encouragement along the way. Couldn't have done it without the SAOCA! Thanks! link to pictures...
  10. napa 1

Here she is...

Well, she's finished and I finally got some time to put some pictures together. What a great car to own and drive! Thanks for all the help and support along the way. I definitely could not have completed it without the support of the SAOCA. More photos to follow. Hope they show up...
  11. napa 1

Weber ICH conversion

Has anyone had any experience with the Weber ICH conversion? I like the idea of these using the stock manifold and the pancake filters to keep the "stock" look.
  12. napa 1

weber

Does anyone have a weber conversion set up for an alpine that they would be interested in selling...manifold, 32/36 dgv, linkage.. I'm thinking of converting the Harrington to weber, while I have the Zeniths rebuilt properly. or...anyone have a rebuilt set of zeniths? thanks, John.
  13. napa 1

clicking brake pads

Hi all. Hope all is well with everyone. I have brake pads on my Harrington that clickety clack when driving and can be moved by hand within the caliper. (Front end on the Harrington was upgraded to a series V, with Tiger springs) First question: is there a difference between early series and...
  14. napa 1

Clickety clack front wheel

Hi all. Have the Harrington on the road. Runs well, tranny is smooth, brakes well..just one oddity. As I drive along there is a clack, clack, clack in the front passenger wheel in time with the speed of the wheel turning. If I apply Even the slightest brake pressure, it silences it. If i...
  15. napa 1

Cooling system

Hi all. Got those last few issues I posted about worked out. Now I'm left with, a speedometer that doesn't move, although odometer turns fine. Also, need a little assistance with the way a series II expansion tank works. It is a stock series ii set up The car runs great, I can run it for...
  16. napa 1

rear glass seal

Good news! My hatch glass has been installed successfully with the proper (or at least as darn close to it as humanly possible) rubber seal and chrome filler strip. A friend of mine who used to have an auto glass company took a snip of the original profile and matched it to what is currently...
  17. napa 1

Last few details

Just wrapping up the Harrington and have a few mystery wiring details before I take it on the road form the first time in 5 years. Any thoughts on these would be appreciated. 1. Turn signals work fine, blink, cancel, but the green indicator lights in the gauges do not light up or blink...
  18. napa 1

Gordon Harrington cont'd

I meant to post this earlier to follow up with my friend's grandfather's association with the Le Mans that I got so much grief for mentioning. :( This is one of many pictures she has of her grandfather with a Le Mans. You've probably all seen it before, but this is a publicity shot of the...
  19. napa 1

Reverse light wiring

Hi again. One other item I need to complete is wiring up the reverse lights. I have a series v overdrive tranny. Can't seem to find a clear description in the wiring diagrams/manuals etc. Thanks
  20. napa 1

Help with handbrake install

Hi all. I've restored my handbrake handle, cable etc, now to replace. What is the re connection procedure. Seems difficult to connect at the rear, like I need to loosen something first? I've just rebuilt the rear brakes as well. Thanks.