• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 67 Series V - Co Galway Ireland

67 Series V - Co Galway Ireland

67 Series V Alpine in Co. Galway
  2. B

Radio Console Colour

Thanks everyone, so it,s a triumph unit, I have never seen a full console with speaker unit in, on a Triumph before. I will strip it down repaint it black and Mod it as per suggestions. This will get pride of place in my series V, I think they are great looking unit's.
  3. B

Radio Console Colour

I have attached a few pictures.
  4. B

Radio Console Colour

It's a light grey with matching millboard. It does not look like it is faded black. The area where the aluminium plates sits does have the lip around it. To me it looks like a grey Lat72, but surely this is not possible.
  5. B

Radio Console Colour

thanks Dan, just to clarify it once had a Radiomobile 50t unit in it (I had typed 502t in error)
  6. B

Radio Console Colour

I have an LAT72 type radio console. Everything on it looks original, all holes in the right place, period EMI speaker, had 502T Radio in it (which I no longer have), mesh looks like the correct grade, number of slots on the aluminium face looks correct.... the only thing is that the Millboard is...
  7. B

Weber 28/36 Manifold & Jetting

Thanks RootesRacer, there was a typo... the secondary idle is 70. Think I better order some smaller main jets and see how I get on. From what I can find the F30 Emulsion tube was specific to the DCD and DCZ, although saying that I can see that a F9 emulsion tube is listed for the DCD and is...
  8. B

1) Excellent... I will leave the heating off the manifold and see how I get on. 2) Primary Venturi is 26, the secondary Venturi is 27 not sure about choke sizes. but here's what I have currently: Primary/ main Jet 140 Emulsion F30 Air Correct 220 Idle jet 50 Secondary Main Jet 160...
  9. B

I have Weber DCD on my Series V, which at some point has had a Series IV engine put in it:mad: Question .1. I can see that the manifold has connection to be water heated, is this something worth doing, I have it installed at the moment with no heating to the manifold (ie Blanked off on the...
  10. B

Ignition light staying on

I re-cleaned all the connections and replaced the dash warning light bulb.....and guess what the ignition light works as it should do now as does the Amp gauge! That leaves me wondering why it happened in the first place. bulb or corroded connections either way I am happy and pleased with my...
  11. B

Photos A couple of photos of the alternator. I will attempt some of the testing and let you know what the result is.
  12. B

Thanks all for you input - I am just going to take this back a couple of steps and answer Tom's quesion. 1.) The problem started last Autumn just before I placed her in storage for the winter ( Ireland -so winteer is 9 months of rain). I have only run her a few times over the winter and just...
  13. B

Hi mxp01, it has an alternator with no external voltage regulator.
  14. B

Rear Shock absorber replacement

Thanks all, I replaced the shocks easily and without stress.... and more importantly without the car landing on my head!! The back end is much less jittery.
  15. B

On starting my Series V the ignition light stays illuminated and the amp gauge does not read anything until I rev the engine to >3000 rpm or I leave the car running at idle for 5 minutes the the ignition light goes out and the amp gauge gives a reading. The battery is new and I get 13.8 volts...
  16. B

Rear Shock absorber replacement

Can anyone let me know the procedure for changing the rear shocks.... looks to be pretty simple but having never done this before I would be grateful for some hints tips. For example.. how do I have the car and axle supported while changing them over?:confused: Many thanks
  17. B

LAT 72 on Ebay.co uk ending in

LAT 72 on Ebay.co uk ending Today LAT 72 - not sure if original or reproduction - currently on Ebay.co.uk Ending: 17 Apr, 2013 21:04:39 BST...
  18. B

15 X 5.5 Minilites

Many thanks, Bashby, Procraft and Jose. As I am not currently doing any body work / re-spray I think that I will attempt the Gise Grips approach and see how I get on. I will post the result... but it may be a few weeks as I need to bring her out of hibernation.... after a very long Irish winter!
  19. B

15 X 5.5 Minilites

Previous owner installed a brand new set of 15 x 5.5 minilites with 185/55R15's. The tyres are rubbing occasionally, mainly on the rear arches. Other than replace the wheels/tyres (which look fantastic!) is there anything else I can do. My rear shocks are due for replacement, would fitting...
  20. B

Correct Oil Change Procedure

Thanks...perfect.. so I just need to make sure the filter has a non return valve and crank her over for a while before firing her back up.:)