• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. kwhite

Vintage Minilites for Sunbeam Tiger

Four original Ford pattern Minilite wheels made in England. These came off a Tiger CA: 1975. Also included is an excellent steel wheel spare. $1,000.or best offer, (shipping not included).
  2. kwhite

Vintage Ansen Mag Wheels for Sale

Anybody looking for some original Ansen slots? I have a lot that includes 5 13"x5.5" and 2 13"x7". Will remove old tires and ship within lower 48. These came from Sunbeam Alpine and Tiger racer last used mid 1970's. $300 plus shipping, (estimate $100) from Kansas City, Mo Also have a set...
  3. kwhite

Overdive Input Shaft and Adapter

I have had these sitting around too long and have concluded I am content to never see the sweet side of 60 mph in this car. Anyone in need? All offers considered - want to sell together if possible. Thanks all. PM or email kevinvwhite@sbcglobal.net Kevin
  4. kwhite

SII, III, V Parts for Sale

No relation, just found on CL. http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/3504877017.html I have the following SII, SIII, and SV Sunbeam Alpine parts for sale: SII: Thermostat housing Radiator Exhaust manifold Idler arm Tie rod assemblies Gas Pedal linkage Hood prop SIII: Passenger...
  5. kwhite

Anyone Know About This Car?

I purchased this SIV in 2008 with blown motor and altered color/ racing setup in KS. Previous title was CA and has been previously registered with SACOA w/ original factory spec #100 Med Blue, GT (this car was never a GT). Car # B94102157 Despite minor alts; fuel pump, suspension, roll...
  6. kwhite

1967 - $500 Craigslist (South Hero) Vermont

This looks too good to be true. Posted on Nov 15th. Anyone had a chance to verify?
  7. kwhite

What Do I have?

Recently came across a cache of Alpine and some Tiger parts which I am still sorting through. Thought I had all the Tiger stuff gone but found this: Liscense Plate Light - fits my S4 perfectly marked Ford SAEL6410. Real deal or off an old Falcon? What say ye? Many thanks. Kevin
  8. kwhite

S4 Part Shifter Question

I am finishing up engine and transmission rebuild and cannot recall where this part goes or what it's function is. I bagged, tagged and photographed everything except the shifter. I did place it in the same container as shifter parts but I cannot find any diagram for it in manual. Can anyone...
  9. kwhite

Series 4 Gearbox Gront Seal ?

Hello Friends, While I have the motor and gearbox out, I thought it might be a good time to change the leaking transmission seals. The rear is no problem but the front... is it really as involved as the manual says? I am working out of a 100 year old garage with hand tools. All I want to...
  10. kwhite

Con Rod Journal Diameter?

Another question re: my 65 Alpine with original 1592. Machine shop is asking for confirmation re: standard journal diameter for connecting rods. They are getting a reading of about 2" on all and are pretty sure crank has never been turned. Can anyone provide me reassurance? Thanks, Kevin
  11. kwhite

Series 4 Specs for Rod & Main Journals

I am in the process of rebuilding a mid production Series IV's original motor and am not sure if crank has ever been turned. I cannot locate the original journal diameters in my old bitmapped manual copy and want to make sure the correct new parts are ordered by machine shop. Does anyone out...
  12. kwhite

Series IV Timing?

Hi All- I have finally got solid spark and fuel to my recently aquired 65 Series 4. But have no combustion and low compression: #1=25' #2=45' #3=5' #4 = 50'. I did pour a bit of oil down cylinders and try a few more times and did get 175' out of #2 once (wierd timing sequence?). I did...
  13. kwhite

Can anyone check out a S4 in Omaha?

I found this Alpine buried in a Craigs List for a house rental (see link below). I have conacted the owner and learned the car has been garaged since 1991 due to a fuel line fire that ruined the carbs. Owner said the car has a solid body and will be sending pictures soon. Even though I am...