• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 4 Specs for Rod & Main Journals

kwhite

Donation Time
I am in the process of rebuilding a mid production Series IV's original motor and am not sure if crank has ever been turned. I cannot locate the original journal diameters in my old bitmapped manual copy and want to make sure the correct new parts are ordered by machine shop.

Does anyone out there know offhand what the specs are or where in the Rootes shop manual to look? Thanks for any help.

Kevin

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Kevin,

If no one has the correct specs for you, look for a local crank grinding shop and they will have them.

Jose

kwhite

Donation Time
Thank Jose-

I have heard about the machines you build. The machinist did mention that an Alpine can be made into a serious ride!

If one of our members cannot help, I will follow up on your suggestion.

Thanks for the response,

Kevin

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
WSM 124 --- General Data

CRANKSHAFT

Dia. of main journals ...... 2.2495 in. / 2.2490 in.

End float ...................... .002 in. / .004 in.

Main brng running clearance ... .0010 in. / .0025 in. ( on dia. )

Max. undersize for regrinding ..... .06 in.

CONNECTING ROD

Distance between centers .......5.751 in. /5.749 in.

Big end bore (without brngs.) ......2.1465 in. / 2.1460 in.

Big end, end float ......................0012 in. / .0075

Big end brng running clearance .......0015 in. / .002 in.

HTH,

kwhite

Donation Time
Many, many thanks for this information.

I might get this on the road for a little fun this summer after all!

Kevin