• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 9

Sunbeam Safari

For those of you that are hotrodders and watch "Fast and Loud" saw an interesting episode the other night. 1970s Shelby Mustang that was lifted, had big wheels, large tires with lights attached to a rollbar. Lots of trails and dunes around here in Central Oregon desert so I was contiplating...
  2. 9

Transmission R&R

I am trying to lower RPM at 5th gear hwy speed. Found a fifth gear for my T5. SInce it has been a few decades I am wondering how long it would take to remove and replace the trans from my SV 2.8 Alpine.
  3. 9

Tallest Tire possible on 15" wheels

SPending $2000 for a Dana third member to have the 2.8L lope easily at modern FWY speeds is out of the budget for my Alpine. Anyone running larger tires than the 195.55.15 which are 23.5" tall. I have found 205.60.15 that are 1.5 inches taller. The issue is will they clear on the rear. And...
  4. 9

Ignition switch failure

While adjusting valves SV 2.8L V6 forgot to disconnect battery and it appears to have fried the ig switch. New one does not seem neccessary since I should be able to pull 12V from some switched wire under dash. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME : What wire they soldered into? What wire in the ig...
  5. 9

Coil wiring

wire position marks on my coil came off during some paint work. What makes it worse I am color blind. The white wire I have traced to the thermostat which I assume goes to teh positive side of the coil. Is the dark perhaps grey or green the ground wire and goes to neg side of coil? The...
  6. 9

Plug wrench

started tune up and come to find that none of my plug wrench sockets will fit over the plug. There is not enough room to fit a gnats ass tween the plug and head. DId a search and could find nothing. THanks. 2.8 Koln. ( german spelling)
  7. 9

Filling space

I purchased full set of grommets from SS. Helped some but in 85F temp it was brutal in car. Dug past carpet and insulation and found space tween FW and bell housing. I did see post about JB weld and body filler. ANyone had luck with anything else?
  8. 9

front rotor pads

My newly acquired S5 hates to stop. What jumps out at me is that there is not a speck of brake dust on my wheels. Does anyone have a good source for some soft brake pads?
  9. 9

Best Repair Manual

I have looked at both Am and Ebay. There were some links on forums but they were broken. At this point I will take any decent manual that includes 1967 Series V . Thanks in advance. 2.8L conversion with 5spd.
  10. 9

NEWBIE here: About a month ago took home a Cali 67 MkV with 2.8 conversion.

Starting down a LONG list of to do things. After $2k for duals, replacement of shocks and as many bushings that could be fitted was told that rear springs needed replacing and of course they are NLA. The rear brakes were adjusted but mechanic still thought did not stop well enough. That I...