• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ignition switch failure

911tr8r

Gold Level Sponsor
While adjusting valves SV 2.8L V6 forgot to disconnect battery and it appears to have fried the ig switch. New one does not seem neccessary since I should be able to pull 12V from some switched wire under dash.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME :
What wire they soldered into?
What wire in the ig switch goes to the coil.

Ps. Car runs great since I adjusted the valves! Just ran a wire from battery to coil

thanks in advance

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I usually think of a "switched wire" as one that is on the ignition switch "Run" circuit. If your ignition switch is fried, then you won't have any "switched" wires until you fix the ignition switch.

Do you have the stock ignition switch? The ignition "Run" is connector #2 on the stock ignition switch. See the stock series V wiring diagram: https://sunbeamalpine.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/s5_diagram.pdf

Mike

911tr8r

Gold Level Sponsor
Not sure if ign switch is stock but I have hidden a toggle under dash for now.
THanks for the reply