• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Arvonian

1. A

The Tiger has arrived

Good advice Michael, I have a 2 post lift, and at this time do not trust the underside of the car. I did however jack it up at the diff. and front crossmember when I was getting the wheels unstuck. Seemed pretty stable with little or no door flex. I might just use a floor jack and jack stands....
  2. A

The Tiger has arrived

Picked up my new project last Wednesday. It's rough and ready, but I'm still excited about it. Spent the last few evenings taking pics, loosening up stuck parts, and removing some components to gain better access to the engine. After sitting for so long, it's stuck, so I removed the plugs and...
  3. A

My new '65 Tiger

Spare keys Hey Duke, The spare set of keys are riveted underneath the plate in the engine compartment which contains the lubrication specs, tappet clearances, etc... Look at the picture, you can see a key underneath the plate in each of the lower corners
  4. A

My new '65 Tiger

New Tiger Thanks! I own a restoration shop, and discovered the car while visiting a prospective customer. He had purchased it in 1976 and drove it occasionally until a broken accelerator in 1984 prompted him to park it in his back yard. The car was impossible to see from the road, so was well...
  5. A

My new '65 Tiger

My new tiger has been sitting for 26 years. I still have to pick it up next week, but did manage to free up all of the wheels today (the ebrake was on for those 26 years!), Now she's rolling and in position for the rollback. As you can see, it's going to be a pretty agressive project. It appears...
  6. A

New to Forum

Thanks for the info.! It will definitely come in handy. The good news is that this car is bone stock, with the exception of the Moto Lita steering wheel, and as far as I can see is not missing anything...
  7. A

attaching a pic

I have tried to add a picture to my post through manage attachments ,resizing it to the proper size and making sure it's under 19k. It's a jpeg file (.jpg extension). I keep getting a failed to upload message, what's up? Is it because of the extension (.jpg instead of .jpeg or jpe??)
  8. A

New to Forum

Hi All, Looks like a great site! I've been a british car nut for years, having owned a Triumph GT6, TR6, and an early Austin Healey 3000. I've got the opportunity to purchase a '65 Tiger that has been sitting for 26 years. It will be an agressive restoration to say the least, and I'm sure...