• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

attaching a pic

Arvonian

Donation Time
I have tried to add a picture to my post through manage attachments ,resizing it to the proper size and making sure it's under 19k. It's a jpeg file (.jpg extension). I keep getting a failed to upload message, what's up? Is it because of the extension (.jpg instead of .jpeg or jpe??)

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hi and welcome to the club, it is good to see you here on the SAOCA forum.
You should be able to post to the Photo Gallery above, just make sure you post to the correct area. If you still have a problem fire the image off to me and I will do what needs to be done at this end.

You can find my email address from the SAOCA INFO pull down, look for SAOCA Officers and then look for Andrew Masse. You can use that email and your image will find me.

I will check things on this end but I am 99% sure you should be able to post.
:)
Regards,
Andsrew

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Andrew,

Not sure why the attachment manager works the way it does, but it will not allow a standard "jpg" file extension to be uploaded. A "jpe" file or a "jpeg" file is OK, but not a "jpg" which is the file type created by most digital cameras.

The only way to upload a jpg file is to rename the file with a jpe or jpeg extension.

Andrew

Donation Time
Jpg

Ok Guys, I found the problem:

I have made some changes to the site. I have opened things up so that you can add jpg images. Please note that we have been here before so let not go crazy as we lost a pile of space with people posting large images in the past. Size of images and the number of images posted will be watched. If you wish to add photos of your best Sunbeam Alpine / Tiger or other Rootes car, I would ask you to post it in the Photo Gallery.

If you are looking to share all kinds of photos and a great project with others, I would ask you to work with me to produce featured article that can be shared on the club site. I am happy to produce content that will make this site pop, so if you truly wish to become members of this community here is your chance.

Have fun guys,
Andrew

buckalpine3

Donation Time
Photos

Andrew, I took some photos of my SV for the Factory Original forum but am unable to attach them. Could I send them to you to get on the website? Thanks for your help. Dave

Andrew

Donation Time
You can send photos to me and I will do what I can. The thing to note here is that we try not to fill our site with all kinds of photos as space can cost the club money. We also have a photo gallery that can accept a photo of your car. The club has a number of plans in the future to help members find parts and possible service, we may also put a photo list together of details for people trying to restore their cars. Please send me your photos as I have started to put images together in hope to use them in a future SAOCA magazine.

Regards,
Andrew