• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

My new '65 Tiger

Arvonian

Donation Time
My new tiger has been sitting for 26 years. I still have to pick it up next week, but did manage to free up all of the wheels today (the ebrake was on for those 26 years!), Now she's rolling and in position for the rollback. As you can see, it's going to be a pretty agressive project. It appears that the tires are holding air for now, but I'll definitely need at least 3 new rims....

Attachments

• 65_Tiger.JPG
    65_Tiger.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 87

Callasports

Donation Time
Congrats on the find & giving it a new home. I'd like to hear the story on how you found it & what's the story behind it. More pics please.

Arvonian

Donation Time
New Tiger

Thanks! I own a restoration shop, and discovered the car while visiting a prospective customer. He had purchased it in 1976 and drove it occasionally until a broken accelerator in 1984 prompted him to park it in his back yard. The car was impossible to see from the road, so was well hidden for all those years.

A couple of observations so far:
Chassis No. B9471770 JAL 661352
Orig. color Forest Green
Has short shifter
Has matching no's on driver side valve cover label
Data plate has a spare set of keys riveted underneath

Attachments

• Club-2.JPG
    Club-2.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Keys.JPG
    Keys.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Engine.JPG
    Engine.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 65

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Looks like its all there, hope there is not to much rust!!! This car is a about hundered cars older than mine (1852) yours 1770 good luck if you need parts I have a few things:cool:

mikephillips

Donation Time
Quite a project. sunk down close to the ground like that you want to inspect the X frame and center of the body really closely as they can go really bad in there from the moisture.

there were 3 cars between yours and mine on the line, B9471774 in late December 64.

Duke

Donation Time
Data plate has a spare set of keys riveted underneath

Which data plate, in the engine compartment or by the fuel pump access door? How did you know there were keys under it?

Great find. Seeing how you own a restoration shop, it will be a piece of cake. Thank you for saving the car.

Arvonian

Donation Time
Spare keys

Hey Duke,

The spare set of keys are riveted underneath the plate in the engine compartment which contains the lubrication specs, tappet clearances, etc...

Look at the picture, you can see a key underneath the plate in each of the lower corners

Attachments

• Keys.JPG
    Keys.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 36