• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

The Tiger has arrived

Arvonian

Donation Time
Picked up my new project last Wednesday. It's rough and ready, but I'm still excited about it. Spent the last few evenings taking pics, loosening up stuck parts, and removing some components to gain better access to the engine. After sitting for so long, it's stuck, so I removed the plugs and put penetrating oil in the cyls. The good news is that the heads look clean and none of the valves are stuck. The plan is to free everything up, and get it on my lift to get a good look at the underside. Anyone know the best lifting points?

Attachments

• Rollback.JPG
    Rollback.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 57

alpine_64

Donation Time
Picked up my new project last Wednesday. It's rough and ready, but I'm still excited about it. Spent the last few evenings taking pics, loosening up stuck parts, and removing some components to gain better access to the engine. After sitting for so long, it's stuck, so I removed the plugs and put penetrating oil in the cyls. The good news is that the heads look clean and none of the valves are stuck. The plan is to free everything up, and get it on my lift to get a good look at the underside. Anyone know the best lifting points?

Looking at the car make sure you keep the doors closed when lifiting it. I would try and use a 4 post drive on lift if you can get access.. if doing t at home DO NOT USE the factory jacking points.. on that car they are lifly to be a bit weak.. look at using a trolly jack and liftning under the cantre of front cross member and place axel stands under the car beofer putting your head under it.

For the rear.. if you can lift from the doff and then stands under the rear end. Otherwise the point at where the X bracing under the car meets the wheel arches/sills.. but if its rusty dont trust it.

Arvonian

Donation Time
Good advice Michael, I have a 2 post lift, and at this time do not trust the underside of the car. I did however jack it up at the diff. and front crossmember when I was getting the wheels unstuck. Seemed pretty stable with little or no door flex. I might just use a floor jack and jack stands....

socorob

Donation Time
On the 2 post I have access to once in a while, i put the rear arms on the x frame right in front of the forward leaf srping hangers. on the front i put it on the x frame oon the last area where it it flat before it starts to angle up. Ive lifted it at those points dozen of times, with no problems, but this is an alpine, im not sure if a tiger is much different.

Attachments

• transbracket.jpg
    transbracket.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 23