• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Cactusmasher

V6 Jose Birthday

Congratulations Jose! Glad to hear you are still here.....from Jim the Cactusmasher in Phoenix, where Hell is NO threat when you live here!
  2. Cactusmasher finally finished

Cactusmasher finally finished

JUST PARTICIPATED IN 2016 FIESTA BOWL PARADE YESTERDAY.ONLY SUNBEAM AMONG 105 CARS. NO TROPHIES FOR ANYONE BUT THE CROWD SURE LIKED IT.
  3. Cactusmasher finally finished

wood dash refinished and re-installed
  4. Cactusmasher finally finished

Notice anything missing from the hardtop?
  5. Cactusmasher finally finished

Runs as good as it looks....took only 8 years to get to this point.
  6. Cactusmasher

Need help with speedometer cable

Speedometer help request by Dan R. Dan: Sorry to advise I can't help you on this one. Sold off all my cars and parts and sent all my books, manuals and folders of information with the cars and I have none of that left. My memory doesn't recall what gears I had in the T5 but I used 3.55 ring and...
  7. Cactusmasher

Tips on putting on the clips for the trunk script ?

Trunk script clips etc. The most likely explanation for the lack of holes to mount the "Alpine" script on the fenders is that when someone did the body work on the car the holes were filled with body filler. Over the years and 19 Sunbeams, I found that to be a common reason for no holes. There...
  8. Cactusmasher

Need help with speedometer cable

Tiger/non Sunbeam speedo cable A suggestion for Darksiders trying to mate a Sunbeam speedometer to a Ford transmission....makes no difference if it's manual or automatic transmissions. On my first one I used a Mustang (64 to 67 ) factory issue speedo cable and had a local speedo shop remove...
  9. Cactusmasher

Found something interesting?

Something interesting..... Those panels are great for hiding things like fuse blocks and the Ford Duraspark control box. It makes the engine compartment cleaner and gets the Duraspark "brain box" out of the heat of the engine compartment. Excessive heat is what kills the Duraspark "brain...
  10. Cactusmasher

WTB Alpine

We have a guy here in Phoenix who has 3 Alpines for sale b/c he needs to move and can't take them with him. Send me a pm with your email address and I will forward his email with photos and descriptions of the cars. I think any of the 3 would be a good buy if they are what he says they are. His...
  11. Cactusmasher

Series V wanted

We have a guy in Phoenix selling 3 Alpines b/c he needs to move and can't take them with him. Send me a pm with your email address and I will forward his email with photos and description of the cars. His prices seem to be reasonable, even bargains if his cars are what he says they...
  12. Cactusmasher

2.8 oil leak

I think you might have found your problem....the high pressure oil pump. When the oil pressure keeps blowing out rubber seals and breaking oil pressure gauges it is likely that your oil pump is the culprit. Is it possible you got a high pressure racing oil pump by mistake rather than just a high...
  13. Cactusmasher

Offy 4 BBL Intake potential problem?

Offy Intake bolt problem Dan: There is a reason for the different length bolts. If my recollection is correct, The four longer bolts are installed two in the front and two in the rear of the manifold connecting it to the heads. Try fitting the manifold with gaskets in place....if that doesn't...
  14. Cactusmasher

Need some help locating Bolt kit for the OFY 4BBL Intake

Offy Intake bolt problem Having dealt with more than one of these intake manifolds I can relate my own experience with the bolt/bolt hole problems. The supplied bolts are steel and the manifold is aluminum, therefore easily stripped threads can occur. Buying one from an individual on Ebay one...
  15. Cactusmasher

I'm so ashamed....

So ashamed.......... A few years back I got burned out a little...OK, a lot. Just got tired of all the physical labor. Seemed like every other weekend was a Sunbeam related car show or a swap meet looking for parts, buying and selling Sunbeam cars and parts on Ebay and the rest of the time...
  16. Cactusmasher

Happy Birthday Nick

Sunday May 7th is our fearless leader's birthday. I don't know which one it is, and he's not telling. Here's hoping you have a great birthday Series 6. I'm sure it will be a cooler one than what we have here today...105 this afternoon. Jim aka Cactusmasher:cool:
  17. Cactusmasher

Any Ideas?

modified Alpine I don't know what electronic ignition you guys are running but here's what happened to me. Over the years I have owned mostly Fords from Mustangs to trucks. All of them that had the Ford Duraspark electronic ignition had this same problem as described by many of you. I...
  18. Cactusmasher

'How to build and modify Ford 60 degree V6 engines"

Ford V6 modification book Dan R: Have sent you a p.m. tonight....book and bonus on the way tomorrow's mail P.Scofield: I have never received your email. Have no idea why. I haven't been on the forum in over 4 months and have had nothing but problems getting back on...had to change my...
  19. Cactusmasher

'How to build and modify Ford 60 degree V6 engines"

Ford V6 modification book To Dan R: Book is yours for $50 if you want it....that is the going price for used copies according to Amazon. Send me a pm and I'll send you my address etc. To Hartmandm: Thanks for the information....I checked Amazon for prices and used copies are going for $50...