• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Need some help locating Bolt kit for the OFY 4BBL Intake

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I've searched the web for a couple days and haven't been able to find a few things for the Ofy 4 bbl intake such as the bolt kit (s) Upper and lower intake pieces for the 2.8 V6 Ford engines.

I am currently putting a couple together, any help would be appreciated.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
MikeH, Thanks for your help.... I had that site and tried several times to get the bolt kits. They did not seem to have in stock, doing an inventory.

Called again this morning, Asked for an invoice so I could speed things along....

Hopefully! Sure glad I was not in a hurry,

DanR

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Have you tried racerwalsh.com? They sell the intake; I don't know about the bolt kits.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
MikeH you are a gent! I tried Racer Walsh.... no luck. I tried numerous places! Even ofyparts.com.... Went back and called several times,finally got it right with what I need on the way.

DanR

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
UPDATE - Bolt & Gasket Kit for OFY 4 bbl intake 2.8 V6 FORD

Just to let those that might be interested, The Kit came in this afternoon safe and sound and looks nice and correct.

Source:

OFFENHAUSER SALES CORP
P.O.BOX 32219
LOS ANGELES, CALIF 90032
323-225-1307

Phethean Racing Products

Kit Numbers:
6097BBK Base Bolt Kit
6097TBK Top Bolt Kit
6097MG Spacer (Gasket between top and bottom pieces)

Recommend you Guys building a V6 with the Ofy 4BBL Intake save this data

Last edited:

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Offy Intake bolt problem

Having dealt with more than one of these intake manifolds I can relate my own experience with the bolt/bolt hole problems. The supplied bolts are steel and the manifold is aluminum, therefore easily stripped threads can occur. Buying one from an individual on Ebay one can find stripped out bolt holes not easily seen in photographs. My fix for this problem was to drill out the stripped holes and re-threading them to accept helicoils. I never had a problem with the heliicoils and they held the torque very well. It's a thrifty way to save an expensive manifold.:cool: