• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tips on putting on the clips for the trunk script ?

beijing_ken

Donation Time
Hi All,

I am putting my car back together, very slowly, but I am happy to be moving forward, and I was going to put my trunk script on but only one of the three pins is easily accessible; how do you get the other two on as they are under the inner skin on the trunk lid ?

Any thoughts or tips ?

Thanks,

Ken

canuck pride

Donation Time
I found that with a very gentle bend with some pliers you can straighten to make your letters square. then adding a small amount of silicone to help hold the clips in place works best.

beijing_ken

Donation Time
It is not the letters that are giving me trouble but the area under the Series IV badge - only one pin is easily reahed as the other two pins are under the inner skin of the trunk lid.

In addition, how do people attach the script that says, "Alpine" on the side of the two front fenders; I can't seem to see the holes that the pins pass throiugh - are they easily reached ?

Help ?! :confused:

Thanks,

Ken

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Trunk script clips etc.

The most likely explanation for the lack of holes to mount the "Alpine" script on the fenders is that when someone did the body work on the car the holes were filled with body filler. Over the years and 19 Sunbeams, I found that to be a common reason for no holes. There are small plastic inserts that the pins on the script fit into to hold script in place. The holes for the inserts are just a tiny bit smaller than the plastic inserts, then the inserts expand when the pins are pushed into them. I do not know if any source has a template for the location of these holes but maybe one of our members could make one for you from their in progress restoration. I always had one or two cars around to measure and make a template from but no longer have one available.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
The Alpine script badge was only mounted on the left/right fenders so if your car has one on the boot (trunk) lid it was added by a PO.

The scripts and Series/1725 badge surrounds were fastened via small metal friction sleeves in the holes. These inserts are available thru SS; part ET78 for $.35/each.