• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series V wanted

eodcoduto

Donation Time
I just missed out on car and I appreciate the members on here pointing out some details on it and educating me on my soon to be our first Sunbeam. I want to buy a Series V and my budget is 5-7k. I am looking for the best car for the money, it must be a driver and the preferred color is green. I'm patient so I will wait for the right car to pop up and small mechanical fixes are fine as long as its roadworthy. I am in Twentynine Palms, Ca and I will drive/fly for the right car.

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
We have a guy in Phoenix selling 3 Alpines b/c he needs to move and can't take them with him. Send me a pm with your email address and I will forward his email with photos and description of the cars. His prices seem to be reasonable, even bargains if his cars are what he says they are...........Cactusmasher

eodcoduto

Donation Time
That was the 1967 I was going to buy Thursday, he had a buyer from England put down a deposit for all 3 last night. So I'm off hunting again.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I don't think you ever said it but how much was the Alpine you were interested in?

eodcoduto

Donation Time
He was asking 6k which was a tad high in my opinion but it looked like a great start as long as we could get it fired up. It hadn't run in 7 years.

Acollin

Platinum Level Sponsor
Your car is in Granby Connecticut.

A green series V $6200.

I know nothing about it other than what the ad reads. I live in Oregon -- do not know the owner, the car and have no interest in the sale. Craigslist.

Good hunting-- hope this helps

I am a compulsive nationwide Craig's list watcher
Andrew

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Think he is looking for a Series V.
I saw that III and boy, it needs a lot of work and many of the original features are missing. I think it's over priced for a non-runner.

Acollin

Platinum Level Sponsor
The ad reads "1966 series V."

Are we looking at the same ad? Craigslist Hartford, Conn-- "sunbeam" in the box should get you to what I am looking at.

Andrew

Acollin

Platinum Level Sponsor
The ad says rebuilt motor-- pictures show brake booster in place and I cannot see any rusting in the pictures--- the ad does not mention rust. It appears to be a repaint-- under the hood appears to be a lighter green
Ad definitly reads 1966 series V

Craigslist : Go to Hartford Conn-- cars and trucks by owner-- sunbeam

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Looks like a decent car. I see a wrinkle in the front apron under the hood on both sides. May have been hit in the front and repaired. I would want to look at this one close before buying.

The ad reads "1966 series V."

Are we looking at the same ad? Craigslist Hartford, Conn-- "sunbeam" in the box should get you to what I am looking at.

Andrew

Acollin

Platinum Level Sponsor
Connecticut to California-----The drive home would be a super introduction into the ways of Sunbeam!!!!

Good hunting!!!
Andrew

eodcoduto

Donation Time
Yes it would! He still has the car, but I'm new to Sunbeams and isn't that head off of a series IV and back? From my googling the Series V has rectangular ports around the spark plugs.

Acollin

Platinum Level Sponsor
I am no expert-- but my 1966 series V has round spark plug ports. I suppose mine too could have been changed out as I am not the original owner.
Picture enclosed of my motor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 23

Acollin

Platinum Level Sponsor
Also-- based on Mr McLemore's pictures in the series V gallery, the spark plug ports are most probably round on a series V.

21 year ago I drove/moved from Nyack , New York to Oregon. I did the drive twice in a week-- drove a truck with garage stuff, towed an MGA--flew back to New York and then did the drive again with my wife and household stuff. 3.5 days the first time-- 4+ the second. It's a haul!!!! I don' t suppose the car has OD? There is an adventure and a bunch of stories if this plays out!

Be well
Andrew