• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. P

SV rubber door buffers

As I am sure many of you know by now a gentleman on ebay is selling Sunbeam rubber door buffers. I bought a pair and am very happy with them. However, I am embarrassed to say that I don't know exactly where they go. I have searched previous threads and while they are mentioned there is no in...
  2. P

Tired of being compared to junk

This verges on a rant, but I need to vent. I don't know about other Alpine owners but I am tired of being compared to a tiger. I changed my oil pressure gauge for the third time and it still leaks oil. I went to the gas station to fill up and check to see if it was still leaking (the oil...
  3. P

fuel pumps

The fuel pump on my series V has gone to fuel pump heaven. I called Sunbeam Specialties, Classic Sunbeam, they have no pumps. Checked with VB and Rootes post vintage and also struck out there. If I have to go to an electric fuel pump what do I need to do? I would like to have a puller pump as I...
  4. P

Government investigation

Could someone tell me why we need an investigation as to how two idiots crashed the President's party? Don't we have enough things to spend money on? Can't we just shoot those two idiots and be done with it? That's what they would do in China and they seem to be taking over the world's economy...
  5. P

center steering rod

Has anyone bought and installed a center steering rod from Rootes Posy Vintage Spares? If so, did it improve your steering? How hard was it to install? I will be pulling the engine and transmission on my Series V in about 5-6 weeks. Thanks, Paul:rolleyes:
  6. P

hardtop quarter window piece

I need the chrome button that goes through the quarter window from the outside and is held to the clamp with a screw. I will buy the whole assembly if necessary. does not need to be in perfect condition but not smashed! Thanks, Paul
  7. P

flywheel and rear end

I have two questions. Did the last of the series V's use the 3.89 rear end? Second, did all alpines use the same flywheel. I have a flywheel which will not bolt to my series V crank. What car did it come out of? I may want to list it on ebay. Thanks,Paul Hatter
  8. P

spare tire strap

I saw a picture of a series V trunk on ebay and noticed that the spare tire strap was mounted over the top of the tire and not across the front. I am about to install the strap in my trunk ( also a SV) and was wondering, i:confused:s this correct? Thanks,Paul
  9. P

Hardtop dilema

Hi! I'm finishing up the restoration of my series V hardtop and I've run into a problem. I knocked out the various pins and rivets that hold the hardtop clamps together. I would like to replace them as some are less than straight. I've checked with SS and classic Sunbeam, various local...
  10. P

Hardtop Stainless

I have a series V factory hardtop that I need to restore. Does anyone have any advise on how to get the stainless trim on the drip rail off without ruining it? Thanks in advance!
  11. P

Overdrive has me stumped

I am having trouble getting my overdrive to engage. The car is a series V with about 450 miles on a rebuilt engine.The transmission is an all synchro with a fine spline output shaft. The overdrive is an all synchro overdrive. When I first got the car on the road I didnt try the overdrive as I...
  12. P

2 overdrive questions

I have two questions regarding a series V overdrive. 1. Is it possible to adjust the overdrive with the trans/overdrive in the car? 2. Is there a web site/page that explains the procedure for adjusting the overdrive ?. Thanks, Paul
  13. P

Heater hose routing

Can someone please refresh my memory as to the routing of the heater hoses on a 67 seriesV? Thanks in advance.:confused:
  14. P

TO split or not to split

I am at the front brakes on my series V rebuild. I would like to know if I should split the calipers or not. The books say no, but I can't hone them if I don't. If I have to send the calipers to be resleeved they will have to split them. Any advice? Thanks