• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Rodewaryer

1969 Alpine GT brakes

I have had this Az car a very long time, nearing 40 yrs I think. I had some issues simply rolling the poor thing around from one storage location to another and it was so bad we needed to remove a rear drum to roll the car. So we're putting these on it this summer, might as well they're just...
  2. Rodewaryer

Ebay Photo seller

This guys store might be old news to some but while perusing (?) his sale items and store for X-15 and similar era pics I spotted some 'Beams, thought some of you here might be interested. His pics are a bit pricey but some are on sale (the first 3 links) and some dedicated owners might be...
  3. Rodewaryer

Phoenix Wheels of Britain 2011

Scanned several of the forums here to see if this was already covered, if I missed it, apologies. This is always a great event. Weather was pretty cooperative as it is it 'most' years. 4 very nice Alpines/Tigers were present. The 4th one not pictured was Series 6's car down in the masters class...
  4. Rodewaryer

Ebay Landsdowne Alpine SIII model

Posted this with my Sebring model thread but for those that may not frequent that particular forum, this Landsdowne model is on ebay, for quite a lot less than I had to pay for mine...
  5. Rodewaryer

Sebring '61 models

Just added to the collection. I know they DNF'd but doesn't matter to this kid. New Sunbeam models are few and far between. FYI for anyone looking for models, this excellent Landsdowne Model of a SIII on ebay is 'currently' going for a relative song. These are usually more like...
  6. Rodewaryer

1960 Monte Entry

Does anyone know any details on a light blue Alpine with a black hardtop entered in the 1960 Monte Carlo Rally? Looks as though it had lights in front of the grill but no other significant features judging by the somewhat blurry picture I've seen of it. One of my model suppliers is in need...
  7. Rodewaryer

Phoenix Wheels of Britain Show

I thought I saw this already posted, but can't seem to find it now. If it's a redundant post, my apologies. There were 4 very nice Beams at the Phoenix Wheels of Britain show on the 13th of March at Heritage square. Good show, my first for many years but wasn't able to get the Beam there. The...
  8. Rodewaryer

Sunbeam Model collection additions

Freshly arrived this week, a bond Alpine (incorrectly labeled an Alpine 5) and a Lansdowne Alpine in race trim. The Lansdowne is an exquisite little model, you only have to 'very carefully' install/glue on the tiny little windscreen and the two mirrors. The only thing I found not looking right...
  9. Rodewaryer

New Forum category is very welcome

This is great! I've always been a supporter of 3 categories, as have previous clubs I've been involved in (Stock, Personalized, Modified). It's really good to see this new category. Kudos to you guys!
  10. Rodewaryer

The latest acquisition

My apologies in advance to those that provided restoration/engine builder information that, at least for now, was for naught. I had two choices, restore/rebuild the Beam or get the car I've always wanted. The Beam isn't going anywhere, it will just have to wait longer. For the same $ I got my...
  11. Rodewaryer

Sunbeam Models

Since I was taking pics of some racing Alpine models the other night, might as well post the lot of them. I don't have a good close pic of the 1/24 MPC Tiger kit that I converted to my Alpine. It's in the dark on the right, I think I still have 4-5 of those stored. I also included the small...
  12. Rodewaryer

US's best Engine Expert?

I'm interested in a professional rebuild, no excuses, no compromises. I know my personal limitations and I'm staying away from internal engine stuff. I want a really excellent running 1725. The one I have should be a good engine, (it's one of the factory replacement engines) shouldn't need any...
  13. Rodewaryer

Wheel Picture Thread

Some different types of wheels I've used over the years. I'm hoping others will follow suit and post pics of wheels they've tried. Unless this is an old worn out subject: The car had stock steel when I got it, wheel #1, shortly thereafter, I tried these ET-IV's I got off a Tiger owner...
  14. Rodewaryer

Random Pictures

Since I posted a couple interesting pics I discovered on the LeMans cars in the racing Alpines section, I thought I'd share some pics of the ones with the 'neat' roof-lines (again, at an English G2G in about 1992). I won't pretend to know all that much about Harringtons, like why some have a...
  15. Rodewaryer

LeMans Cars

Came across these pics the other day and thought I'd throw them out there...taken at an English G2G in about 1992. Before it was restored completely. I believe Clive brought it to the show (don't quote me on that....) still lacking a lot of running gear and interior. Interestingly when he...
  16. Rodewaryer

'69 Alpine/Rapier differences

Ok, so, after seeing the delightful white Rapier in the pics from Invasion, I have a question. I had an Alpine coupe and still have a straight restorable '69 Alpine GT, (those differences I know) but what's the difference between the Alpines and the Rapier? Was the Rapier trimmed out special...
  17. Rodewaryer

An Alpine in some interesting places.

Got a fire lit under my posterior and got a scanner. Now I'm feeling 'just' a little nostalgic about some of the prints I've got available to me now. One might think either I am or my Alpine's a little confused because it's been across the Atlantic 5 times, but while it was back in England...
  18. Rodewaryer

Has anyone seen this car around?

Sorry for no pics but by now it could be any color etc. I used to have a track only Series 5, gutted/no lights/dash etc, with a race prepped 1600 in it, locked diff, steel front wheel flares, lowered and a fairly good 5 point (I think, maybe 6...)hoop/bar, hood had hood pins. It was still a...
  19. Rodewaryer

Stromberg 150CD Carbs

I'm having trouble getting the float bowls off my original carbs. I've rebuilt many a set (and this set quite a few times in 30+ yrs) and have never come across gaskets so hard. I know these are not made of the best of metals and am afraid I'm going to break something getting them apart. I have...
  20. Rodewaryer

Garage lift completion

I posted some pics earlier of the first stage of my lift install. Now that I have it completed I am not only relieved to be done with all this work in 100+ degree weather but feel substantiated since I felt there was skepticism in the air from coworkers and friends alike. It's done, it works...