• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Model collection additions

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
Freshly arrived this week, a bond Alpine (incorrectly labeled an Alpine 5) and a Lansdowne Alpine in race trim. The Lansdowne is an exquisite little model, you only have to 'very carefully' install/glue on the tiny little windscreen and the two mirrors. The only thing I found not looking right was that the Alpine script on each wing is cast a little high but otherwise what a nice model. It's properly mounted in a case now and resides amongst the other Beams in my collection.

sunbeamalpinemodelslans.jpg

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
This site has some rather silly limitations on numbers of pictures allowed in one post. Here's some more:

sunbeammodels2.jpg

Even some Sunbeam Talbot Lotus':

sunbeammodels3.jpg

A little dark, my apologies. In the dark on the right are some Sunbeam Stilletto/Hillman imps and my MPC 1/24 plastic model of my Alpine.

sunbeammodels.jpg

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
Alright! I like the 1/43 diarama with the twisty road. Neat way to display those. I see you beat me to the Lansdowne race car too. :)

I cheated and bought a diarama on ebay from a talented English chap, in 1/43rd scale and I just added cars and accessories. The pic isn't current but I put the green Vangards rustic/primered Alpine on here now by the covered car. I guess my theme here is English cars. I need to update my pic, I added lots of things since this was taken. I enjoy dusting it, gives me a chance to move things around. :)

cnv0921.jpg

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
And it brings to mind the same question I ask myself whenever I see one of these when I'm out for a drive....

What's under the tarp!?!

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Well, not of my car...yet! I have two or three of the AMT kits, one of which will be a replica of my Series IV, with the four cylinder, and one which will be of my Series V, but I'm not finished with the real car yet so a model will have to wait awhile!
Cheers!
Steve

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
How many of you guys have a model of your own car? :D

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2399248290101139908ninfIh

Working on a 1/24 scale now.

In 1/1 scale:

sunbeamreturn1ststepfrl.jpg

In 1/24 Scale. An old model, and I've admitted to myself and the public I'm a collector and no model builder so be keep the expectations down to a reasonable level....it's one of the MPC kits. I still have several, original and reissues. I think I have a couple of the Get Smart kits in 1/24 as well. The idea at the time was to have the engines from the Get Smart kit made in resin and used as 'Alpine' engines in the MPC Tiger kits. Never got around to it.....

sunbeamalpinemodelmy66r.jpg

sunbeamalpinemodelmy66rv.jpg

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
Forgot to ask, Sunbeamowner.....who made that model of your red car there? It doesn't look familiar and I've been collecting models of Beams for quite a few years..... That is 1/43rd scale isn't it?

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Forgot to ask, Sunbeamowner.....who made that model of your red car there? It doesn't look familiar and I've been collecting models of Beams for quite a few years..... That is 1/43rd scale isn't it?

And it even has a horn ring! :p

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
That could be an ENCO model if it's 1/43 as I suspect. Mine is of a RHD car too but in light gray and has a hardtop. I see a horn ring on it too :) but not sure it's detail is quite as good as the red one Sunbeamowner has.

Let me correct myself, I've mentioned to some of you that I have MPC kits and that my green homebuilt one is one. I hadn't even looked and recalled it wrong, they are the AMT kits, turns out I have 5 of the original version and 5 more of the Blueprinter re-issues of those.....several of those originals still have the cellophane on them too.

sunbeamowner

Bronze Level Sponsor

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
I hadn't noticed you were also in Australia. I contacted automodellistudio and will see if they can answer some of my queries. Good of you to provide those, I appreciate that....

Interesting how some of my particular tastes take me down under. I've found I had to resort to ordering some unique stuff for my Land Rover from Opposite Lock in Sydney I believe it was. Not even the UK had these items....

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
BTW Sunbeamowner, the chap I've been emailing at automodellistudio remembers your model. I asked about a build I need done and it looks like they are booked until either March or May, I don't recall which right now. I may still have them build a white metal Ferrari I've been lusting for a lot of years over......

sunbeamowner

Bronze Level Sponsor
BTW Sunbeamowner, the chap I've been emailing at automodellistudio remembers your model. I asked about a build I need done and it looks like they are booked until either March or May, I don't recall which right now. I may still have them build a white metal Ferrari I've been lusting for a lot of years over......

Glad to be of assistance. I noticed that you mentioned in one of your posts that you had a few "Get Smart" models. Here are a few shots of one that I had professionally assembled.

Attachments

• BILD1606 (Medium).jpg
    BILD1606 (Medium).jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 43
  • BILD1607 (Medium).jpg
    BILD1607 (Medium).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 41
  • BILD1609 (Medium).jpg
    BILD1609 (Medium).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 49

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
Very nice. I like that engine. I wanted to build it (or get it built) but as a stock Alpine. Someday when the queue moves....