• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 6

wheel trim rings

I have 4 Alpine slotted trim rings and three hub caps. The trim rings are very nice the two of the caps have small dings, one is very good. Free to a good home. Pics on request Trim rings have been spoken for. thanks for the replys
  2. 6

Sold my series V....have both free and cheap stuff

First the free things...Just pay postage. one pair new Gas a just rear shocks , gearshift lever with original black knob, hood prop rod, one pair new front motor mounts, alternator to block bracket, one new defroster tube, folding lug wrench, one pair rear drum spacers to widen track, heater...
  3. 6

Tiger model

Tiger blueprinter 1/25 plastic vintage model. All parts are still in plastic bags and in the original box. Body is white and in new condition. $65.
  4. 6

Series V stuff

original shift knob...new wiring harness w/fuse block.$100/..pair of motor mounts...Alternator to block brkt shift lever
  5. 6

67 Alpine for sale

good body shiny brg with period aluminum wheels and like new tires. all new front suspension, engine has been rebuilt .030 over delta kb cam vizzard head,etc. OD trans from UK, u joints drive shaft, ring and pinion, Speedo rebuilt by Nissonger, tach rebuilt and all gauges cleaned. Wood dash...
  6. 6

steering wheel

What is the best wood steering wheel for my Series V? I would like to be able to have a horn button that functions. The telescopic feature is nice but not a deal breaker. Any suggestions?
  7. 6

Alpine and Tiger window labels

Back in the sixties my family owned a Rootes dealership in Kenosha Wi. I just came across the statement of origin and the window sticker for a blue Alpine automatic vin ending 994. Also have the window sticker for a Tiger vin ending 482. I have a distributor invoice for a white Tiger vin...
  8. 6

Tail lamp lens

Does anyone have upper and lower outside screw tail lenses for my 67 series v Alpine? I recently discovered I have two different lens on my car. I need the lenses stamped L763. I will buy outright or swap for the L654 pair I wont need
  9. 6

led flasher

Changing the incandescent rear turn signals to leds and wondering if anyone knows a brand and part number for an electronic flasher that will correct the fast flashing. I am not changing the front bulbs. I also am not to excited about installing the resisters as an alternative because of the...
  10. 6

Toronto British Show

Traveling 600 miles to Toronto in September and was wondering if there is a list of owners that will help a stranded Alpine owner if the need arises? I know some marques have this service. Will be mostly in Michigan and Ontario....Thanks
  11. 6

mistake overdrive wiring?

Im installing a modern 5 terminal relay for the overdrive on my 67 series v. There is an excellent diagram on how to do the wiring from Throwman 6/4/2012 that shows the yellow/blue wire going to terminal 86/w2 and the yellow green going to 85/w1. The wiring diagram for the original relay has...
  12. 6

trim rings/hub caps/transmission

Nice set of original series v hub caps and trim rings, also series v trans removed for a 5 speed conversion. Make an offer. Also 2 sets of steel wheels in so/so condition. One set has tires.
  13. 6

overdrive inhibiter switch

The od jumps in and out but if I hold the gearshift lever to the right, all is good. This tells me the switch needs to be tightened or shims removed because of wear. Other than that the unit works great. My question is: how do you get a wrench on the switch to tighten or loosen without...
  14. 6

center horn pad series v

Does anyone have a nice horn pad. Looking for the black vinyl pad on the steering wheel adjusting nut.
  15. 6

Joe brown tiger

I recently came across an old post by joe brown wanting info on cliff meyer imports in Kenosha wi. It was from 5 years ago! I have photos of the dealership if anyone knows him. cliff was my father and I worked in the dealership. joe was in Arlington tx at the time
  16. 6

Tail lens

I just noticed my 67 Alpine has two different lens on the rear. On one the lower lens has a red but see through area over the lower bulb. The other the lower bulb has circular grooves over it and you cant see the bulb. Both are stamped Lucas and I have never changed them during my 20 years of...
  17. 6

lower dash pad

What are people using for the foam padding along the lower edge of the instrument panel. I believe the cover you get from the vendors is just the vinyl.
  18. 6

tiger authentication

I,m looking at a Tiger to purchase but am a bit concerned. He says it is authenticated but this car has a battery box behind the right seat and the battery is there. I thought all Tigers had trunk mounted batteries and no box behind the seat. Can anyone verify this. Other than that the car...
  19. 6

gear shift rattle

67 all synchro series V. I get a rattle in the shift lever that turns into almost a buzz as my speed increases. If I put pressure on the gear shift know the noise is lessoned. Does someone have the fix.
  20. 6

overdrive warning light

I recently installed an overdrive in my series V. Everything functions as it should accept for the warning light. The light stays on in all shift gates. It is plugged in the correct connector according to the wiring diagram. Anyone know what I should look for.:)