• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

gear shift rattle

67brg

Silver Level Sponsor
67 all synchro series V. I get a rattle in the shift lever that turns into almost a buzz as my speed increases. If I put pressure on the gear shift know the noise is lessoned. Does someone have the fix.

mikephillips

Donation Time
If you remove the shifter boot you should see where the lever enters the transmission. There's a cap there that the shifter goes through that is retained by 4 screws, make sure they're tight. If they are and the rattle continues remove the cap and withdraw the shifter. There should be a spring there to apply pressure to the ball on the end of the shifter to seat it, could be broken or missing. While apart also clean out the shifter cup and the lever ball, apply a little grease for lube before reassembly.

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
You might also apply some Teflon tape to the threads that the gearstick knob screws on to. Then, tighten it down good. It worked for me.

Ed