• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. M

1965 alpine IV for sale

I have decided to Sale my 65 Alpine IV because I have just found out I am being transferred buy middle of summer across country. I have been working on this project since 2009 and have ran out of both time and money to finish. with my move I think this is a good to sell it and once I land...
  2. M

winsheild for VI

I have been trying to install new glass in my windshield and I have got it close. I have found the metal Frame due to rust and minor damage seems to have a bend into it. I wonder if it would be easier to start with another frame that is a little straighter. Does anyone have a new windshield...
  3. M

Rear seal on release

I wanted to see if anyone could help me out a little. I have been rebuilding 1600 alpine IV and I pulled the transmission to put the engine back in it. I wanted to change out the real seal on the transmission and I can not get it out. The Manuel is not really clear to me. I have got the...
  4. M

Difference in heads?

I am going through my 1592 engine and I have decided to rebuild it. I have 2 differnt heads. Is their any differences between an AM 2 or Am 3 head ? I have both heads and the original one for the block I am rebuilding is an AM 3. Thanks
  5. M

locked up engine

I have been finishing my 65 Alpine IV with a 1592 and it has been running great until last weekend. It al of a sudden started to rattle very rough. it then died and will not start. I have pushed it in and out of the garage so I do not think it is the Transmission which I just had rebuilt and...
  6. M

leaking oil back of head

I just noticed a large oil leak in my alpine VI with the 1600. It looks like it is coming from back of the head. The head gasket was replaced by a shop I no longer use a couple years ago and I have had to replace almost everything the touched. The car has only had 10 -12 miles put on it while...
  7. M

need flywheel

Does anyone have a flywheel for 1965 alpine with 1600 7 1/2 clutch. once I pulled the transmission my current one looks really beat up :cool:
  8. M

Tempature high when idling

I have noticed the temp gauge gets really high quick when I start in about 5 min. both hoses are very warm and the water in the radiator is still room temp. I am thinking my thermostat is stuck closed or water pump is not working. I also noticed it looks like the water is not flowing. Does...
  9. M

Pressure plate

I am pulling my transmission from my alpine IV and need to replace my through out bearing. I do not know if the pressure plate is messed up however I might need to get a new one. I am having a hard time finding one does anyone have one or a lead on where to get it?
  10. M

Clutch dead

I have been hearing a grind when I push in on the clutch. It was replace 3 years ago and has only a couple miles on it. Today I started and pushed it down and a lot of smoke came out and then my pedal went to the floor. I pushed it back into the garage and noticed some metal and a lot of dirt...
  11. M

mechanic South east florida

I just relocated to Boca Raton and I recently got my Alpine back from body work and paint. I have replaced many of my parts but since it has been setting 3 years I have noticed some problems with the mechanics. My mechanic in Orlando has started to restore Jaguars and since my budget is much...
  12. M

Light lens

I have a 65 alpine almost totally restored I can not find my front directional lens covers. Does anyone have a set for series 4 Thanks Mike::D
  13. M

Fuel Tank

I just found out my fuel tanks are not repairable due to rust. I am looking for fuel tanks for 1965 Alpine IV. Does anyone one out their have a set? Please let me know Thanks Mike Fuller2:o
  14. M

7 1/2 inch pressure plate

I am looking for a 7 1/2 inch pressure plate for Alpine IV. i have found out that they are hard to find. Can anyone help me Thanks Mike:eek:
  15. M

Switch to neg ground

I have read how to switch from positve to Negative ground. I need to have my guages switched for this does anyone out their do this? Any suggestions? If so please contact me Thanks mike:cool:
  16. M

No surprise Floor Panel need work

Floor Panel need work I am sure most of you have had to repair the floor pan. I had to 20 years ago on a old Alpine I worked on back then it was fabrication a piece from strips. I started to clean up the floor on the IV I just bought and to no surprise it is rusted under driver seat. My...
  17. M

motor Conversion?

I have 65 IV and I am in process pulling 1592 and I am at a cross roads i wanted to either rebuild it or swap it out for a newer 4 cylinder. (I don't feel up for V6 conversion yet.) I have heard the Mazda Miata moter and trans have worked out for others. I wanted to get any suggestions for...