• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

Brake Booster Delete

I want to throw this out there and get some opinions/insights/sage advice about this: I want to remove and toss the Girling Booster on my IV for reasons and have spent the last few days looking through the forum, reading up as much as I can. As I understand it, the "best" way to approach this...
  2. S

Turn Signal Light Moulding Screw Size

I'm working out a ground issue I'm having with the turn signals (putting a ground wire on them) and all of my screws are junk or the absolute wrong screws. What size and type screws did the SIV-V turn signal light mouldings use? The single screw on the outside seems to be a slightly larger size...
  3. S

Changing Coolant

What is the best way to change the coolant on a rebuilt engine that has sat for a long time? I checked the radiator today and it's full of green coolant. The coolant used has rust inhibitor in it but I'm still concerned since its sat as long as it has. I bought a Gano filter and will be...
  4. S

Electrical Problem

To preface: my series 4 has sat for a long time and I'm in the process of putting it back together. I got the battery and charged it at Autozone to see if the lights, turn signals, etc are working and check for any issues. Charged the battery, put it in, turned the key 1 click and nothing is...
  5. S

I want to start up a rebuilt 1725 that's been left to sit... for a long time!

Sorry, couldn't think up a cuter title. Some back history: I have a 1725 that I had rebuilt close to a decade ago with around 20 miles on it. I took on a new job at the time where my hours were very screwy and almost around the clock at times. Family, kids, all sorts of silly excuses kept me...
  6. S

Fuel Cell

I have a Series 4 and am considering putting a fuel cell in the car for safety. I'm not sure what the condition of my twin tanks are but they are old and I'm spotting rust on the tanks and figuring the cost of fixing them up vs the cost of a cell. Is this a good idea or am I just flat out crazy...
  7. S

OD "Parts" for Sale

After thinking it over, I'm fine where I'm at with my SIV. This is what I have, make me an offer. I got it with the car and it's been in the trunk since go. I have zero idea of the condition. Any questions or more pics, let me know. Thanks!
  8. S

Car Insurance?

I'm getting things together and wanted to know from everyone's experience who the best insurance provider for our babies are and what the rates look like. Im in California and have heard from other old school owners who swear by State Farm. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
  9. S

Stuck driver side rear drum brake on my SIV

So I went through and change the tires today and all of my tires spin freely except for the rear driver side. The car is not in gear (I can cycle it 8nto all 4 gears and neutral without pressing the clutch, if that helps) and the e-brake is down. It has me really baffled. What could it be and...
  10. S

Leaking Alpine

Woke up this morning and it's raining! I didn't expect it to and it's not too bad. Went outside and checked the car and there's water on the front floors in odd places. Cleaned it up quick and really mad about it right now, hate water in the car. My question is, what are the known points that...
  11. S

The Purpose of Dollies

I was reading through the site on my lunch break from work and I ran across some discussion on wheeled dollies under the tires. What's the purpose for them? Is it somehow bad to push an Alpine in neutral? I'm honestly curious.
  12. S

SI-II Grill, SIV Grill Bar, Emblem and Horn Ring

Considering using an early series grill since I just like the look better, want to get an idea how much one goes for. It's for a daily driver SIV so I don't need immaculate. Any idea if they fit and any caveats I need to consider if I want to put one on my car? Same goes for a SIV grill bar...
  13. S

4.25 "Pumpkin"

Hi everyone, was a member eons ago under the handle Espyrus, now back to try and restart and finish my project, started as a pretty rusted SV and wound up a much nicer SIV car with all the rebuilt bits in her (long story). I know this is the Modified forum, but this is a modification... if it...