• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. SeanP

wtb series 1 or 2 hard top

Sold my series 2 and the new owner wants to get a hard top for it. I think I may have found one that may be missing the trim around just the window. If you have one that has all trim and hardware let me know or if you have the trim or other pieces I may be in need of them. Thanks Sean
  2. SeanP

1962 S2 Darkside looking for a home

Gentlemen, I have a beautiful series 2 darksider restored by Richard Timmermans about 8 years ago. I have a line on an tiger for something less than astronomical so I’m testing the waters for a sell. Since I purchased her in May I have had Bill Martin from Roots Group Depot help me inspect the...
  3. SeanP

Brakes Lights not working

So Almost got rear-ended yesterday come to find out my brake lights are not functioning. I'm going to test the wiring tonight however I'm thinking it maybe the pressure switch located at the brake line distribution block in the engine bay. If it the pressure sending unit can we get replacements...
  4. SeanP

V6 valve cover gasket set

Is the Felpro VS-50115 R the best Valve cover gasket for the V6 swap? I need to adjust the valves was wondering cork or rubber? Also Jose if you have a link to your valve adjustment info that would be awesome.
  5. SeanP

Carb Issues 2.8 V6

So I have been having some rough idle issues and the car has not wanted to idle after driving when coming off throttle. I have checked float levels replaced the carb/manifold gasket and tried to adjust the air fuel mixture but have not had any success. I have had a couple of gurus look at it...
  6. SeanP

Tiger MG RP mod on Alpine?

Has anyone ever tried to install the Dales Resto MG rack and pinion mod on a Alpine? Are the mounting holes there on the Alpine crossmember for the tiger RC? I have some steering wander on my Alpine the lower bearings and joints have all been replaced so i believe the play is either in the...
  7. SeanP

62 has found its new home!

8. SeanP

Darkside V6 cologne engine info

info on 2.8 cars http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Cologne_V6_engine Tuning Guide and performance parts http://www.burtonpower.com/tuning-guides/tuning-guide-pages/ford-taunus-cologne-v4-v6-tuning-guide.html good performance info here...
  9. SeanP

1963? blue Alpine GT for sale $3000

No association http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/4381799685.html
  10. SeanP

Alpine Insurance

Hey Beam Heads I was shopping for insurance for my 62 Darksider and wanted to let you guys know that Geico Collector Auto beat Hagerty on a price quote by almost 200 bucks a year with comparable or better coverage. I also had no problems getting them to cover the same value as Hagerty. So if...
  11. SeanP

cool alpine gear

I was looking at putting together a cool Alpine Baseball Jersey. It could possibly have the SAOCA Badge on it probably on the front bottom of the Jersey like the pros do it and possibly the chapter on the sleeve. Attached is a pic of my Idea. Let me know what you guys think and if you would be...
  12. SeanP

Series II v6 resto how much is it worth?

This is a bare metal rotisserie resto with a v6 conversion, The owner is a restorer with many Alpines under his belt and a good reputation. This was his personal car. Here are the details 1. The front suspension has been fitted with a series IV/V front suspension rebuilt. 2. Engine is a V6...
  13. SeanP

Name that front suspension!

Hello all happy Friday! Can anyone tell me what Series alpine this suspension comes from? 1-3 or 4-5? thanks http://monterey.craigslist.org/pts/4366404574.html
  14. SeanP

Looking for a later model Alpine

Hello all I'm looking for a project car. Probably a later model (easier to get suspension parts)with a rust free body in California. Hopefully Bay Area! I am new to Alpines and am looking forward to getting to know the Alpine community and more about these beautiful automobiles. If any...
  15. SeanP

Hello All

Hello, My name is Sean Prevost and I recently Joined your Forum here. I'm a Land Surveyor in San Jose CA. and have been looking for a semi project car to purchase. I wanted to hopefully ask you guys a little about the great looking car as I have only recently became interested in owning one...