• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series II v6 resto how much is it worth?

SeanP

Donation Time
This is a bare metal rotisserie resto with a v6 conversion, The owner is a restorer with many Alpines under his belt and a good reputation. This was his personal car. Here are the details
1. The front suspension has been fitted with a series IV/V front suspension rebuilt.
2. Engine is a V6 2.8 liter warmed over
3. Engine accessories are all HPC coated
4. Transmission is a mustang 5 speed
5. The rear differential is a Ford 8 inch/ 3.70 gear ratio
6. The convertible top is a Robins cloth/ Mercedes material.
7. Wool carpeting
8. Leather seats
9. custom wood dash and VDO gauges with an 8 circuit electrical harness
10. Fuel tank has been boiled out and re-sealed
11. Custom exhaust and headers
12. Body has been soda blasted and sealed
13. Painted base coat and clear coat by Dupont Chromo base
14. Wheels are 15 inch Panasport
pics are here
https://www.flickr.com/photos/120402171@N02/sets/72157642364951115/

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I don't know how much it's worth, but it looks like a million bucks. The best price I've seen* for a V6 conversion was $18k, but this one looks quite a bit better.

If you search the forum (via Google using "site:sunbeamalpine.org insurance") you should find a few threads with posts on what guys are insuring similar cars for.

I'd give $12k and my first born for it. Then again, I'd give $1 and my first born for a thing of TicTacs.

*It's entirely possible ones I haven't seen went for more; I'm just saying what I've seen.

SeanP

Donation Time
Hagerty puts a perfect car of that series at 30k. Do you think that the v6 conversion adds or detracts from the value? To me it would add since I would imagine there are a lot of guys out there that can't afford a tiger looking at a v6 but I know that origial often brings more

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I know this Alpine personally, and I can tell you that the pictures do not do it justice. It is beautiful! It has a leather interior, with a perfect paint job. The engine has been done right, so perfromance should be great also. I don´t know if I could ever afford it, but one can dream.

Jose

KenDemp

Donation Time
Sean, don't go by Haggerty for a purchase price. That's the insured value. I don't think you'll see even one as nice as this sell for $30K.

What's the asking price?

SeanP

Donation Time
It's up in the mid 30's. I negotiated a lower price but seeing as I'm not going to be doing a bare metal resto any time soon and it's exactly what l was looking for I don't feel bad about the price.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I know of a conversion in Arizona that went in the low 20's. That was about 6 years ago.

kmathis

Donation Time
It's up in the mid 30's. I negotiated a lower price but seeing as I'm not going to be doing a bare metal resto any time soon and it's exactly what l was looking for I don't feel bad about the price.

Worth it; you would have spent as much doing it up this nice anyway, I have never seen such a nice Sunbeam as this one. What nice pictures...Wow!:D