• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1962 S2 Darkside looking for a home

SeanP

Donation Time
Gentlemen,
I have a beautiful series 2 darksider restored by Richard Timmermans about 8 years ago. I have a line on an tiger for something less than astronomical so I’m testing the waters for a sell. Since I purchased her in May I have had Bill Martin from Roots Group Depot help me inspect the undercarriage and checked the torque on all the undercarriage bolts. I have added a Mallory electronic distributor, high power coil, and Tuff Stuff Silver Bullet Alternator. I also have had Don Gardyne a local Holley carburetor expert recommended by Bill tune the idle jets so she purrs like a kitten.

Here is the info:
This is a bare metal rotisserie resto with a v6 conversion by Richard Timmermans for his own personal use. Richard used to restore Alpines out of Bakersfield CA but is now semi-retired. He had an excellent reputation with many restoration under his belt and it shows.

1.The front suspension has been fitted with a series IV/V front suspension rebuilt. (roughly 30,000 miles ago)
2. Engine is a V6 2.8 liter warmed over
3. Engine accessories are all HPC coated
4. Transmission is a mustang 5 speed (t5 I believe)
5. The rear differential is a Ford 8 inch/ 3.70 gear ratio
6. The convertible top is a Robins cloth/ Mercedes material as well as the tonneau cover.
7. Wool carpeting
8. Leather seats
9. custom wood dash and VDO gauges with an 8 circuit electrical harness (Kwikwire Harness)
10. Fuel tank has been boiled out and re-sealed
11. Custom exhaust and headers (all coated)
12. Body has been soda blasted and sealed
13. Painted base coat and clear coat by Dupont Chromo base
14. Wheels are 15 inch Panasport
15. new chrome plated 140 amp, Tuff Stuff Silver Bullet Alternator (7140ABULL)

Here are the pics I received earlier this year when I purchased the car as well as a few current ones (done with a smart phone and not as good)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/120402171@N02/sets/72157642364951115/

I don’t intend to make any money on this as what I paid is what the tiger is going for or close to it. If you are serious I can provide contacts of people who have seen the car that are respected in the tiger circles around here.

I purchased it for 30,000 in May. If you were to pay to have an alpine brought to this level you would be paying at least twice this price. She is a beauty!

Thanks for your consideration

Last edited:

SeanP

Donation Time
Thanks guys I need to gets a good price but it is negotiable. If you need conformation v6 Jose has seen the car and is aware of what I paid

buckalpine3

Donation Time
Sll

Dang Sean with such a nice car are sure you want to do this? Have you driven the Tiger and compared it to your V6? Best wishes.

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
If the Tiger is stock, I bet you beat him in a straight line. If the Tiger is modified, I bet you go around corners faster. If the Tiger has a TAC plate then it doesn't matter. His car is far better than yours, even if it's rusty.

SeanP

Donation Time
It's a tac'ed tiger but the reason is I have money to put into it but at least in the near future my car is not going to be worth more than it's currently worth however a tac tiger my money will not go to waste. I love my car it's amazing but spending more is hard

Last edited:

SeanP

Donation Time
up for sale

Well the buyer put down a non-refundable deposit but has failed to be able to fly down and complete the deal three times now. I waited a month due to his offer of above the asking price but now it's time to move on.

Last week in preperation for the sale l had it inspected and found that the lower front a arm bushings were worn and replaced them as well as a full service on brakes and t5 transmission so about 1000 bucks in maintenance just completed.

If you have dreamed of a tiger but do not have time or the ability to complete a project then this is the car because trust me this cars price will only buy you a project tiger.
This car is gone through and ready to enjoy.

She is ready for a new home
please contact me with any questions or requests for additional pics

Regards,
Sean

Last edited:

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Unless I just totally missed it, you still don't have a price for this car.

You do say you have 30k into it, but that is not an asking price.