• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by wframe

1. W

Electric fans

My front end has had some of the support structure for the radiator damaged so the radiator is probably not quite in the original location. This puts the fan is just too close for comfort. As I said, two of the blades got bent and destroyed the radiator. I would like to avoid that...
  2. W

Electric fans

I have been away from the board for awhile while I have been working on my '83 Honda Magna motorcycle. I am trying to keep the wife happy by only working on one toy at a time in between working on her projects! My '62 Alpine has been sidelined for a couple of months. Somehow, 2 of the fan...
  3. W

Clovis Roundup update (October 2008)

Hey, Chris, To add pictures to you reply, scroll down on Post Reply screen to the Additional Options. In that, there is an Attach files option. Click on the Manage Attachments button. That will bring up a Manage Attachment window where you can Browse your computer to select a file. Once the...
  4. W

Clovis Roundup update (October 2008)

Congratulation Congratulations to PHATT for taking First place in the Sunbeam class and to CHRIS for Second. (To bad there were only 2 sunbeams in the show!) Unfortunately, I was not able to make it to the show, but I did go on the drive on Saturday. It was really great to see so many...
  5. W

Clovis British Car Roundup

The 2008 Clovis British Car Roundup is scheduled for October 11 & 12 (Car show on Sunday the 12th). http://valleybritish.org/clovis_british_car_roundup.htm This is a nice show with lots of cars. Like many other shows, three cars make a class. Assuming no mechanical problems, I will have my...
  6. W

Steering Bushing

I replaced mine several years ago. The biggest problem is that when you try to tap on the threaded end to drive the tapered end out of the arms, everything moves. I built a fixture to help. I'll try to get a picture of it this evening. It is a box that has a slot at one end that fits over...
  7. W

convertible roof

I believe he means the old topic in this forum that I referred you to that includes the instructions. ... The "thread" (or topic) that I referenced.
  8. W

convertible roof

There as a tread on this a while back http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7976&highlight=installation+convertible+top that provide some pretty good instructions and advise. Also, I seem to remember a reference to a Tech Tip on one of the Tiger sites that also provided detailed...
  9. W

First start problems

I would definitely contact the machine shop that did the rebuild on the engine. While they did not remove or install the engine, short of a stuck/lock starter, it sure sounds like an assembly problem. If they have the reputation of being a good shop they should stand behind their work. Good...
  10. W

SII Bonnet seal

That's why I couldn't find it ... its listed under HOOD seal not BONNET seal. What's the matter with Rick? :) Thanks!
  11. W

Classic Motorsport July Issue - Kip Motors

Speaking of Classic Motorsports: Somebody involved with Invasion 2008 ought to contact them to be sure they provide some good coverage of the event. In addition to the article on Kip Motors and the Tiger in the current issue is a brief notice about the Tigers United XXXI, to be held at Big Bear...
  12. W

SII Bonnet seal

I just found "Engine compartment seal" part # 9-8515 in the VB catalog. Is this the correct piece. For $7.00, I guess it won't break the bank.
  13. W

SII Bonnet seal

I see some pictures of engine bays with a seal around the back and other with just the plain steel piece. Which is correct? And if the seal is correct, where can it be found. I don't see it in either SS or VB catalogs. Thanks!
  14. W

Grill Chroming

I did the same thing recently in order to straighten my grill bars. Followed your steps. However, when it came time to rivet the bars back to the end pieces I had a small problem: The smallest pop-rivets I could fine were 1/8 inch and would not fit in the original holes. I looked all over...
  15. W

SII Alive again

My SII has been down with a broken transmission for the winter and spring. I got the transmission back from the shop way back in February. After spending much of the beautiful California spring working on the Alpine a hour or two a week (trying to keep the wife happy!) I finally got everything...